The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problem with my 8G

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Problem with my 8G

So I put in a new aftermarket radio (Sony Xplod), i grounded the black wire. Taped up the the two unused blue and orange wires. After doing that I noticed my dome lights, locks, radio, dashlights, and passenger side parking light was out. I replaced the fuse to fix the dome lights, locks, and the radio. But my dash lights and parking light was out. The car started to idle weird and then almost stalled out. I have no idea what to do now. I looked at all the fuses.

Parking/dash lights also have a fuse. As far as the car stalling, there is nothing in the radio harness that will cause that.

yellow fuse holder in the fusebox under the hood. check your radio wiring again, something may be wrong.

I didn't see the yellow fuse in the box. I'm assuming the previous owner got broke it out and just kept the fuses in it. Which symbol would it be on the diagram?

If it'd the music and dome light symbol. I check them and they both are fine

it is a fuse holder that is holding 2 10A fuses. you have to pull up on the yellow collar before you can pull the 2 fuses out. check those. this happens all the time with people installing stereos. where are you drawing your head unit power from?

That's is very interesting I'm glad this happen to me when I installed all my stuff.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

I got it all fixed, one of the 7.5 fuses was out.