The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Look at that!!! New Radiator installed, I'm a happy man :)

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    Rasko Da Gama

Look at that!!! New Radiator installed, I'm a happy man :)

I saw this "faliure" the first day when I bought the car, but now my ventilator runs all the time, wich means that I'll have to buy a new one. I talked to Mitsu dealer here and...
    - the price is astronomus - 500$ :shock: :shock: :shock:
    So I found some dealer who gets auto parts from Austria and the price is 3 times lower - 140$. So in two weeks (after the pay-day) I'm getting it.
    Here is the picture... plz don't laugh :shock:

ken inn
    you should check out a galant diesel. i believe the radiators bolt up, but have larger cores.

ConceptSleeper
    :shock: im not gonna laugh at you, my car doesnt even run right now, but DAAAAMMMNNNNNN!!!!!! :shock:

Rasko Da Gama
    If I'd find used radiator I'd go for it if the price is O.K., but in a small country like SLO, where on the roads are only 15 6'th G's... can't find it. No way. :cry:
    Radiator is such part that is worth investment in a new one, I'm sure.

Rasko Da Gama
    O.K. Today I ordered a new radiator - that cheaper version. Actually the cost is almost 200$ but Shipped. So I'am getting it next Wednesday! Can't wait!

ConceptSleeper
    so your car is a "no go" right now???

Rasko Da Gama
    No, my car runs well, but it is a very hot, hot summer coming in the next few months and I just can't accept the risk of my engine go "overheated".

ConceptSleeper
    smart choice, nobody wants to be replacing a headgasket, especially in the summer time.

Rasko Da Gama

!!! I have installed a new radiator !!!

Yes!!! It's in! And is doing it's job great. I've installed it yesterday, drove for about 20miles and a ventilator even didn't come ON. :shock:
    The engine temperature doesn't even reach the half - on a temperature gauge. Before, it was constantly at least on 3/4 - on a temperature gauge.
    Anyway, here is a picture that I took today for you buddyes to see 8)

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    looks awesome.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Glad it worked out for you.
    Love,
    Matt

Rasko Da Gama
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    looks awesome.
    And works great too

ConceptSleeper
    good job Rasko so what plans behold the G ride next??

Rasko Da Gama
    Next are JDM Clear corners. I already ordered them from some guy at
    www.galantvr4.org. One of my "ugly" stock orange corners is broken, so I have a good ecuse to do it!

Next - gotta find some springs to drop that G! Or mybe I'll just go with KYB AGX's and cut a little my stock springs. I'll see - depends on my $$$ situation

J apmetal
    I had to replace my radiator too, but instead of buying a new/reconditioned one I fitted the one from my 1993 Lancer GLXi

The core is the same size, the mounts are the same and the hoses are in almost the same positions [the top one is slightly out, but the flex in the rad hoses lets you allow for this] even the temperature sensor in the bottom of the rad is the same !

The only differences are the overflow hose being angled differently [which I fixed by using a longer piece of hose, sheap enough at any spares place] and that one of the top bolt holes for the fan doesnt line up [My fan has been held on by both bottom bolts & one top one for months now with no bad effects]

When I fitted the rad, the actual fan from my '93 Lancer would also have fitted & plugged into the loom, but I wanted to do some investigation to make sure it works the same before I risk it so I kept it as a spare instead.

Alot of the parts from my 'old' Lancer [written off by someone driving into the side of it] would have fitted; the PAS pump was the same, the rad hoses were almost the same, and things like the wiper motor & brake servo were also the same [some parts even ahd the same part numbers on both cars, although on others numbers werent visible] so if you get stuck trying to find parts, try some other earlier-model Mitsubishis & see what you can turn up :!: