The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM Guage Ordeal

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

JDM Guage Ordeal

Ok so here we go...
    a few items to mind crunch on..
    comments and criticism are more than welcome..

Firstly the renowned clock gauges issue..
    as you can see here is the dash with a cover I made and a few empty 2" shells to sample
    Take note of the size of the gushes in comparison to the clock, so flush is not going to work.

And here's with the gauges roughly laying in so you can get an idea of what's what

and now 3 pyramid style, again just layn there ok.

Ok so as you can see its very tight, and the goal is as low as possible so the journey starts!!!

But now I have my "Digital" route to add as well.
    this is just a rough mockup wich I can alter and change the layout as requested..

So as you can see digital WILL work but unfortunately it's not everyone's cup of tea tho...
    but it's the route I'm taking..

Here is now my gauges mounted into a speedo cluster, again just roughly so it's not the final layout. Itll have labeling and a tint screen over the top to stop glare and match the rest..

the final product I will have look like its ment to be there.
    iv gone with 4 gauges and only 3 fitted ATM the water temp is below the water guage, oil temp above, boost replaces AYC as I do not use AYC and oil pressure will come, not sure where yet tho but plenty of time.
    please let me know what you think guys...
    the digi gauges I dismantled the screen from the boards and made them remote. So the brains can be hidden away out of sight..
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

and after a lot of r n d i finally have this!!!

www.qcustoms.co.nz

and this is my 600 post lol.. had to do it
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

here is the Guage pod iv been working on as many of you hav been following in this thread
    for the JDM guys
    http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...253#post270253

it is made and designed to house upto 3X52mm Guages (or smaller) with a max depth of :
    35mm excl the Bezel
    or
    50mm total incl Bezel

the fitment is fery tight so theres no chance of bigger.
    the pod has a 5-10m return under it to allow for strength and extra mounting surface too as per plug

the pod will come finished in either Black or White Gelcoat ready for Prep and Painting.

i can offer a variety of finishes at an extra cost.
    my finishes ill offer are:
    Vinyl Covered(similar to dashboard)$50
    Carbon Fiber Look(Hydro Dipping)$120
    Painted(your choice)$60
    Bare(Gelcoat) FREE

I can Drill out the holes if you require or i can leave it blank if you wish to do it yourself.
    Mounting to the dashboard will be done with Velcro(double sided)wich will be supplied with the pod

Price for Pod excl any finishes mentioned is $125 Delivered Airmail 3-8 Days

i can also supply a variety of Guages if required from Digital guages to Mechanical aswell(ex USA)

please slect the poll option that applies to you

pods will only be sent out once all the items are made.
    wil lconfirm dates once it begins

Attached Images
    www.qcustoms.co.nz