The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OBDII connection

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

OBDII connection

Hi

I'm trying to connect my 2003 galant with my Elm Bluetooth adapter/ connector and no scan software is recognizing it.

I tried the torque application on the android and the scanXL software , and they doesn't seem to work with my car.

I have tried the connector on my Jeep and it's working fine, also tested many applications , all do not recognize the protocol or the ecu .

The adapter lights up and I can see it communicating with the software , but that's it .

Am I missing something here ?

Thx for the help guys

Hi FX2236

I have the same ELM327 Bluetooth OBD Connector. I too had a bit of trouble in the beginning with the Torque app, but I finally got it working with these instructions I found on Amazon in the reviews of the device. See if this helps...

1) Plug the ELM 327 device in the OBDII port under the car's dashboard
    2) Start the car (you probably don't actually need to do this step to make it work.)
    3) Go to your smartphone Wireless & Networks settings and turn Bluetooth ON.
    4) Go to the the phone's Bluetooth Settings and "Scan for Devices" and look for "CBT" to be found, which is the ELM 327.
    5) Pair with the this device (The code is 1234).
    6) Then start the "Torque" app.
    7) Go to the "Settings" in Torque and select OBD2 Adapter Settings.
    8) Pick Connection Type = Bluetooth.
    9) Go to Choose Bluetooth Device and pick "CBT."
    10) Suggest also select "Auto Bluetooth On/Off" and "Only if BT was already off."
    11) Then go back to the "Torque" main screen and things should be working!

Works fine on our 2002 Galant and my 2009 Jeep, with the Torque app.