The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Jus bought a 91 VR4 4/2000, suggestions please!

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    Roadrashjr

Jus bought a 91 VR4 4/2000, suggestions please!

So I just got a 91 VR4 4/2000 for 200 bucks, it's pretty beat up on the exterior but the interior is damn near immaculate. The problem is that he took the headers and the turbo out and can't find them, i'm trying to find some replacement parts or preferably some upgraded parts. I'm wondering where do i find parts for this car?! I really want to bring it back to life and i could use some help, any suggestions on parts would help. Maybe some build suggestions, pics coming as soon as i can upload them. Thanks!

Pretty sure this engine is the same as the turbo eclipse and talons. You can find a turbo and manifold for the eclipse gst/gsx and bolt it on to your galant.

Welcome to tgc!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    The motor is a 6 bolt Dsm motor the turbo components are the same throughout the 88-99 years and most of the parts are as well but there are some variances with the 7 bolt motors

Check out Dsm forums etc as well they will have a lot of specifics as far as your motor goes

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    yes you have a 6 bolt. you would need a turbo manifold. 95-99 2g mani is better with bigger runners and less prone to cracking. also you need a turbo from a 1990-1994 5 speed car a 14b as the GVR4s came with 14bs and some even had a small 16g but a 14b will do. Avoid a stock 95-99 turbo a T25 as its too small and the oulet isnt right. Then i figure you will need oil and coolant lines to the turbo which are the same as a 1g. now he took them off and cant find them meaning he didnt convert this to a non turbo so the lines may still be there so what you need it the manifold, turbo and O2 housing to connect to the down pipe correct. pics of what you have in the bay right now is good. i have a 2g mani, 14b and 1g o2 housing which would be everything i mentioned prior, i even have a stock GVR4 turbo j pipe which routes the turbo outlet towards the stock front mount intercooler.
    Last edited by Galanttuner10; 06-07-2012 at 09:11 AM
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Roadrashjr
    Thanks for the welcoming invitations guys! This thing is gonna be a pretty big project and i'm definitely gonna need some help from time time. Well i got the car for what it cost to pay off the title, He took the parts off because he thought they were going to come and tow it. They never did, it's been sitting for about 2 years so i'm flushing all the fluids today. I haven't been on forums for a while, can't remember how to post pics.. Do i just post the url up?
    Last edited by Roadrashjr; 06-07-2012 at 11:51 AM

Welcome to the forums!
    you use the [I*M*G] paste url [/I*M*G] tags, minus the stars to post images

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

Welcome to TGC!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Also if you get the part from dealership I thinka header is 200 from factory not bad and I think those don't crack turbo upgrades are all over though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

TGC Regular
    Welcome . Glad to see another 6g has made appearance . And it's a gvr4 which makes it awesome
    Nothing is nicer then a early 90's mitsu

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Galantvr4.org is good as well. I could do 200 for the 14b, manifold and o2 housing. You can pm me stuff like questions or pictures
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Experienced TGC Member

Icon14

Welcome,and good luck with your project.hope you get it put together and hope to see some pics of the build.

Roadrashjr
    Well figured i'd upload some pics now that I know how again! ha Thanks, here's what i'm workin with, It's pretty exciting to share this car with people who see the potential. Lets just say my girlfriend is pissed off. She'll learn!

Needs a Good wash!

What do you guys think? Needs some work, looking forward to it!

thats awesome. you my friend have one rare galant. the 4th VR4 made in the states. i dont think 1-3 are still on the road or who has them. awesome.
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

wow 200 bucks thats a steal, ive seen much worst vr-4's go for alot more!