The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: valve cover?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24
    TGC Regular

valve cover?

just curious i see a lot of nice valve covers around here and there especialy on older lancers.. im not realy that fond of the painted valve cover look dosent look that great to me, but is there anyway we can drop another valve cover onto the block since there probably will never be a diff one made for us?
    - Atba

That would be nice if they had a nice Chrome Valve Cover to go with my Injen RD Intake.
    Pearl White 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    Injen Race Division CAI System
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    Magnecor Ignition Wires
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Headlight Bulbs (H4)
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Fog Light Bulbs (893)
    Clear Corner Lights w/ PIAA Xtreme White Bulbs (1157)
    Reverse Indiglo Gauges
    Kenwood KDC-MP522 MP3/CD Receiver
    Infinity Kappa 652.5i 6.75" Door Speakers
    Kicker K693 6x9 Rear Speakers
    Brembo Cross-Drilled/Slotted Disc Brakes
    Axxis High Performance Brake Pads

TWISTED II
    i'm having my valve cover chromed. i'm not a big fan of chrome on the outside of cars, ie rims, trim etc..., but i think in the engine it looks pretty nice. plus with the polished supercharger and stuff, it should look pretty nice.

TGC Regular
    i like the older lancer one's like the red one's chrome looks preety nice but i just dont realy like the shape of the i4 one i got (i know im too picky) thats why i was askin if we can get another one off something else to throw on there. try and get some pics of that chrome valve cover when its done twisted if it looks sweet i might have to get it done myself.
    - Atba

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTwistedGTZ
    i'm having my valve cover chromed. i'm not a big fan of chrome on the outside of cars, ie rims, trim etc..., but i think in the engine it looks pretty nice. plus with the polished supercharger and stuff, it should look pretty nice.
    Twisted, how much did you pay to have it chromed? I'd have to send mine out, so what's the average downtime? Thanks.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

TWISTED II
    i dunno chip, i'm waiting till i actually have a motor that runs before i start doin visual stuff. i'll let ya guys know once i get it done.

if ya have some time on your hands, u can get it polished. it can be something u can do @ home too if you want.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    so no one else has any idea about the initial question? of being able to put maybe anotehr valve cover onto the 8g i4?
    - Atba

the 1999-2000 galants/eclipse have a different cover from the 2001+ valve cover due to the introduction of using the 4g64 in the stratus. so yea the older valve covers say mitsubishi on them. im pretty sure that u can interchange them but im not 100% sure. just 99%

I painted mine blue with 1200 degree paint and some clear coat.
    <------------- its over here(sorry small pic)I even painted the letters black!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaTwistedGTZ
    Twisted, how much did you pay to have it chromed? I'd have to send mine out, so what's the average downtime? Thanks.
    Hey Chip, I know it probably crossed your mind but you didn't state it here; have you considered purchasing a second valve cover to have it (or the original) chromed? That way, there is no downtime. It's been my experience that having an individual item chromed will take a few weeks, unless the shop you're working with does high volume. Expect to pay a grip; around $150. If it's less, than see if you can hook up a deal or group buy pricing. That would be a pretty cool item to sell on TGC.

At www.car-part.com I found the following info:

Year
    Part
    Model

Description

Condition

Stock#

Price

Dealer Info

Valve Cover
    Mitsubishi Galant V6,LEFT
    C90353
    $65
    Burlington Auto Parts USA-MA(Shirley) E-mail 1-800-228-5544

Valve Cover
    Mitsubishi Galant V6,RIGHT
    C90353
    $65
    Burlington Auto Parts USA-MA(Shirley) E-mail 1-800-228-5544

I'm not sure which side would be the 'visible' valve cover (on the V6) you would want to get chromed. Makes no sense in chroming the back valve cover because it's hidden.

another option to what bgr said is to find a company that will do mass number of them. i know like with the lancers, Road Race MOtorsports (a sister of RRE) sells powder coated valve covers for 89 dollars. they send u a valve cover and u send them ur old one so it can powdercoated and used for someone else. maybe if u searched the eclipse and the stratus boards u might find someone who does that or have a spare valve cover since the valve covers are pretty much the same.

o yea remember when u take off ur valve cover, buy a new gasket and torque the bolts in the right order at the right spec. the last thing u want to do is leak oil or warp something.

*update* did a search on club 3g. they got this deal
    http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.ph...ome+valve+cover

you send them ur valve cover and its 75 to get it powder coated
    for 150 u can get a new valve cover powder coated.
    if u send back ur old one after u get the new one. u get 75 back.

if you want polished letters add 10 dollars
    if you want a polished valve cover add 25

o yea they only have v6 cores. so if u have an i4 u gotta send em yours

header shields
    Polished $65
    Powdercoated $50

intake plenum
    Polished $250
    Powdercoated $200

package deal
    Polished Intake Plenum (upper)
    Polished Header Shield
    Powdercoated Valve Cover
    $375

for more info go to that thread i posted

TGC Regular
    wow that one looks preety sweet might have to look into that only wish theyhad a pic or 2 of a i4 like that so id know exactly what im lookin at.
    - Atba

Jeff
    i checked that deal on club 3g and the only catch is that they don't have spare 4 cyl. valve covers so you HAVE to ship yours...if you don't have another car, you're basically screwed, like myself.

TGC Regular
    ya pinoy said that. the best idea would be to go to a junk yard or something maybe you can luck out doubt they will sell the valve cover tough. if not just buy a second one somewhere and send that in and when you get your painted one back i belive if you send your current one out to them they send you like $75 back.
    - Atba

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Beat)</div><div class='quotemain'>ya pinoy said that. the best idea would be to go to a junk yard or something maybe you can luck out doubt they will sell the valve cover tough. if not just buy a second one somewhere and send that in and when you get your painted one back i belive if you send your current one out to them they send you like $75 back.</div>

well you don't need to even go out and buy a valve cover. look the the thread at club 3g. its payment plan number 3. it says that for 150, they will go and get u a valve cover powder coat it and do whatever majic u want done to it and then they will ship it to you.

i must stress this again, remember u need a new valve cover gasket everytime u take off the valve cover. no matter how long its been there. its like a one time use deal. the last thing u want is leaks and stuff.

Jeff
    actually...after reading more threads on club3g, i found this:

"just wondering if you have any valve covers for the I4 that you could send out in advance? This would be great, but I cant go without my car since its my only way to and from school and work, and since school is about 45 miles every day a cab just wont work"

"Sorry, I don't have any valve covers for core exchange for the I4. If you would like I can get you a brand new one powdercoated or polished and ship the complete part to you. A new valve cover powdercoated or polished is $200 shipped."

i dropped them an e-mail and i'm waiting for a confirmation...damn that would be tight.

TGC Regular
    most definately would be in for that gimme a pm with the info if you get any i was just about to e-mail them myself.
    - Atba

Jeff
    it's lookin damn good...got a reply today and:

"well your in luck because i do have a 4g63 valve cover for sale on a core
    exchange basis meaning you get the one put on your car(if you like it)
    (translucent red w/polished letters and when its on your car you send me
    yours here is a link its for sale its $75 bucks if you wanted to send your
    header shield at the same time that would be perfect i could send both of
    them to you at the same time it will be $50 for the header shield so a total
    of $150 that will include the shipping and there will be no down time if you
    like the color.
    here is a link to our site
    http://sl103.tripod.com/wwwshawnspolishing...ngcom/id10.html

all the details are there if you dont like the color just tell me what you
    want i can get another valve cover fairly cheap. So let me know what you
    think"

I asked for a 4g64 valve cover but i guess he misread...but the bolded line is a very good sign. i replied to it this morning and now i'm waiting for a quote on a P/C translucent purple valve cover and polished heat shield and a time frame for how long it will take him to get the 4g64 cover. I'll keep you posted.

TGC Regular
    good shit man! i want mine like that blue above i realy wanted red but i cant since i havent seen an in red i dunno what quite to expect..keep us updated and thanx!.
    - Atba

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast