The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Rear speakers not working after H/U install

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    DS900

8G Rear speakers not working after H/U install

First post here, so I apologize if I'm in the wrong place..

About a week ago I installed a Kenwood KDC-BT652U head unit in my 2002 Galant, and I just noticed today that neither of my rear speakers work. I don't think this issue was present for the entire week of the new H/U, but it could have been. What could have caused this?

Also, my car has the Infinity system in it, if that makes any difference.

That makes huge difference, my bet would be the installers said f it on the cable that goes from the stock head unit to the infinity amp which is 2 ohm amp. Did you install it? or someone else is the first question. And second is the kenwood unit rated for 2 ohm output if they/you wired directly to the speaker? if not it might have overworked the rears or is just not getting to them cause the installers did not hook up the cable to your amp. I doubt they had they cable on hand but perhaps they did.

We need more info on who installed it and if u kept stocl speakers or not

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

DS900
    Thanks for the reply, but as it turns out, the back speakers work on every input except for the bluetooth audio mode. Strange, I know, but I can easily get around this by using the iPod USB connector.

Probably the way bluetooth is, I know some bluetooth kits and radios only power 2 speaker during a call, maybe it applies to the audio too on your radio, anywho I would never listen to wireless music I'm an audiophile I have a hard time listening to compressed music formats as it is.