The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: pass side mirror?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

pass side mirror?

meh came outta work today i guess someone side swiped my side mirror off, tired to pop it back on but didnt work looks like the broke some of it off, anyway went to the jy no galants available strangely enough, so i checked ebay, will one of these work, i remember reading a while ago that the aftermarket heated mirrors have the wrong amount of prongs for the adapter 5 vs the normal 3? any suggestions?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mirror-P...0fbd24&vxp=mtr

New one rock auto 35 dollars

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Look for an OEM one, it's always better to get it used, rather than aftermarket, if you're patient you'll find one in your color too, and won't have to get it painted -

eg. -
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Mitsubi...d4a31d&vxp=mtr

also if your are electric adjustable/heated, keep that in mind, it takes modifications for a manual adjustable mirror to be used if that's the case, it might (rather, probably) will be more expensive to use an electric adjustable/heated, but it's a pain in the ass to modify a manual to work
    Last edited by foxbrand; 06-08-2012 at 10:14 PM

Yea I wenyt from manual to electric off a gtz, the wiring was not terrible I made harness that plugs into the wires down by the kick panel and goes to the stock mirror controls its all run through another button I have that alkso turns on my gauges so people looking in I.e. Cops won't see the bright ass guages.

If you need help I like making harnesses. I make two one for my mirrors and one long one when I added the infinity amp.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

thanks for the info guys, so i assume there are 3 diff mirror types, manual/power/power-heated? i gotta check if mine are heated, dont remember lol

Most likely they aren't heated.

I once almost broke someones side mirror, I was pissed that they parked like shit.

the worst was last someone rammed my driver door and left a note saying they hit me but didnt want to pay so they left, i was so pissed i couldnt help but laugh lol

Has anyone just replaced the mirror on the passenger side and not the whole assembly? My passenger side mirror assembly is intact but the mirror portion is all broken to pieces. Was wondering if it was possible to just pull it off and glue the mirror on there. I think I've seen some posts on ebay for just the mirror itself with no assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by BLAZETIGER View Post
    Has anyone just replaced the mirror on the passenger side and not the whole assembly? My passenger side mirror assembly is intact but the mirror portion is all broken to pieces. Was wondering if it was possible to just pull it off and glue the mirror on there. I think I've seen some posts on ebay for just the mirror itself with no assembly.
    I had the same issue just a while ago, but while taking the mirror out, you're supposed to just be able to pry it out of the assembly, and I have pry tools too, but whatever I tried, just ended up breaking the mirror completely and not coming out. But I will try tonight and see if I can see what's holding it back, as I still have my old assembly.

I bought the whole assembly with a good mirror on here for $20, and another $100 for painting, was still a decent deal.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I got a brand new mirror from TYC for like 40 bucks. Works fine for me. Stock, I have the power adjustment + heated mirrors, and the wiring on the TYC mirror matched just fine.