The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My 9G galant so far

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38
    Ya I've posted a lot but I've come to the conclusion that I'm taking off the front and the back emblem. Going to replace the Mistu emblem debadge the LSV6 and the Galant emblems. But I'm going to the dash emblem. Get myself the roof spoiler, the body kit, the interior lighting, get myself a heat gun and retrofit, get new rims (have been looking at a bunch of different ones not sure which I want, get the sub, and seat covers, and that's pretty much it. If I choose to do anything else from there it would be performance mods and I have no idea what I would do.
    Is it ricey?

Save up your pennies for the GTS tails and matching spoiler, and just debadge all the Decepticon emblems and the Galant emblem out back. Ditch the vinyl saying on the side, too.

"hating" is such an annoying term. People are just pointing things out, like I said, do what you want. But when you're gonna do such ricey things, expect the comments.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Wasn't really trying to be ricey but I guess when you take a step back and actually look at it....it is... makes me sad that I actually did that..
    Is it ricey?

Modifications such as a CAI, cat back exhaust, lowering springs/coilovers, wheels and tires, swapping heads/tails, are much more rewarding IMO.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

I was looking into a CAI before. And as for lowering coils idk how far I would go. Cause I don't want to risk mobility so I might lower it only an inch or two.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zqalao
    Is it ricey?

I'm already doing tails/heads and wheels though. First things first remove the stuff and then get the wheels. Then the tails and 3rd light lip brake. Then heads then roof spoiler. And then lower and then whatever comes to mind but I might be good on exterior then.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3smxs5
    Is it ricey?

my advice to you is to remember that it is YOUR car, now if u look at it and see its ricey, then by all means its ricey, to me, i think it is, but to you it may not, therefore don't let anyone CHANGE what your doing to YOUR car, and just figure out what you want the car to look like in the end and then go for that goal, I personally i like a clean not overdone car that just sits nice and looks good, i dont want something that stands out to the point where people look at it and say WTF. Sit back, browse the forums, take a look at the other 9g's and ge some ideas and go from there. This forum is here to educate those that dont know and to help instill the ideas of what a clean Galant should look like. but like i said, its your car, choose your vision and then go for it

^^Yep. F what anyone but you thinks. I damn sure won't change my sig because someone made fun of it in a thread tag. And adding "lousy mod list" to the tags is "hating," fuck what anyone say, that shit's not called for. He's not spamming the boards, he's just doing him in his build thread. Quit that shit yall.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

One quick question I know there probably a post out there but what did you guys use to fill the holes? Would some sealant do the trick?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4vc4bs
    Is it ricey?

Holes for what? The holes in the trunk? I put some blue painter's tape on the outside of the car over the top of the holes and then on the inside of the trunk I put some JB Weld where the holes were and some overlap on the inside of the trunk. I let it sit for 12 hours then I took the tape off and used some Dupli-color touch up paint and just "dabbed" some paint on the JB weld so it wouldn't stand out.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

One quick question I know there probably a post out there but what did you guys use to fill the holes? Would some sealant do the trick?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mhfixw
    Is it ricey?

-disregard previous comments-
    Last edited by Skyforger; 06-14-2012 at 07:59 PM

-Chris-

C'mon yall, quit this shit. It's childish as fuck. Leave the man build thread tags alone. And calling Chris out in Ninja's thread? -__- Quit this shit forreal.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    C'mon yall, quit this shit. It's childish as fuck. Leave the man build thread tags alone. And calling Chris out in Ninja's thread? -__- Quit this shit forreal.
    Seriously, excuse me for being honest when he asked for my opinion.

I'm done with the retarded games. OP, keep looking around for what mods you like, I'll be happy to keep giving you a second opinion on build ideas if you'd like.
    Last edited by Skyforger; 06-14-2012 at 08:01 PM

-Chris-

Thanks Skyforger appreciate it. I always love opinions especially from people that have been here for a long time.

I love this Galant that Wicked380 did. I'm trying to find that roof spoiler though but can't find it anywhere.
    Is it ricey?

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post

I'm too fucked up on Vicodin right now to be mad about it....

-Greg

Cruise eBay for roof spoilers, there's more than just one design for the 9G.

I've only been here for a year, but I've been tinkering with various different cars for years.

-Chris-

Anyone know how to make a roof spoiler maybe? I think that's what wicked380 here did. Doesnt seem to be one that is sold. Idc if its a plastic or fiber glass. Would be fun to make though.
    Is it ricey?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12