The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Extended wheel studs 8g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Icon2 Extended wheel studs 8g

Anyone have extended wheel studs on there 8g. I got some off ebay claiming to be correct but there not. I got the blackworks part number BWAC-WS015. Anyone have any ideas?

I don't have extended lugs, I went with custom spacers with studs on the spacers. However in my search to get my wheels to fit my car properly, I came across these:

http://www.ichibausa.com/ProductDeta...tCode=MT-12550

Hope this helps. Research that site (and this one) and see the different sizes they have, you may not need 50mm studs.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

thanks for showing me those but im trying to find the longest ones i can lol. cause im not putting wheel spacers on i just have 45 offset wheels so they gotta be realy long to get the look im wanting.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    since you are running a 45 offset rim why would you need longer studs? If you was getting a spacer pushing the rim outward then I would see a need for extended studs. If you get extended studs that means you getting open face lugs?

^^What he said, our wheels are like +41-46mm offset stock, lugs that are too long may cause more problems than you want.

-Greg

because my rim comes out from my hub alot and my lug nuts are sunk way in there. i would have just got the extended lug nuts and said F it but those are to big around to fit in my lug nut whole in my rim. and i do have open end lug nuts that will work totaly fine its just that i wanted studs to stick out alot and im completely out of ideas so i figured i would post on here before giving up

its basicly looks im going for

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...Extended/12420 I think the EVO should fit they are 3 inches long or you looking for longer?

Only thing I was worried about is 1.) if the wheel was gonna be tight to the hub and 2.) if you were gonna have inches of studs sticking out past the lugs, making it time-consuming to change a tire on the side of the road or something, ya know? Other than that, go for it.

-Greg

OMG those prices are insane... looks like im gunna be saving up for those thanks man. and changing tires suck anyway why not make it harder lol expecialy since its so hot out well here anyway. i think its 102 out right now haha.

yep i just confirmed. 03 evo wheel studs are the same as my 00 galant. for anyone else who wants to do the same

What brand/model of wheels are you buying or already have?

I have the ADR GTsport wheels.

You don't need extended studs, you will need spline drive lugnuts. And then a spline drive lugnut key.

Mcgard and Gorilla make kits for 'Tuner' wheels. You are wasting money if you buy and install extended studs.

ahh i understand now, lol i have those on my wheels now cause regular lug nuts with the impact wrench would not fit, but as Red mentioned those are what you need.

you're not doing this for a spacer right? you just want the studs to stick out past the wheel face?

i understad i dont need extended wheel studs. and i already have the open ended spline lug nuts and everything works fine i just want extended wheel studs to stick out far because i like the way they look. thats all. but the ones i found on ebey claimed to be for my car but they were wrong i think i figured it out but thank you everybody for the support.

I just read this.... :lulz:

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ricerboy4g64 View Post
    i understad i dont need extended wheel studs. and i already have the open ended spline lug nuts and everything works fine i just want extended wheel studs to stick out far because i like the way they look. thats all. but the ones i found on ebey claimed to be for my car but they were wrong i think i figured it out but thank you everybody for the support.
    Still pointless to buy extended studs...you need to look for extended closed-end tuner lugnuts.

Something like these Muteki live.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110833582020?redirect=mobile

Unless you really like to expose your studs to weathering, salt, rust, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Unless you really like to expose your studs to weathering, salt, rust, etc.
    OP, remember when I said it'll make a tire change longer and more time-consuming? This is what I meant by that. Ever try using hand tools to get a lug nut off a dirty, corroded stud that's been exposed to the elements? I have. That shit ain't fun. Just something to keep in mind bro.

-Greg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast