The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spacers with hub centric rings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

Spacers with hub centric rings

Can I run spacers with hub centric rings? I was planning on using 7mm spacers to get a 38 offset but my rpf1s use hub centric rings.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I think if the spacer is hub centric, then I believe you could use hub centric rings between the wheel and the spacer. Just my opinion though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5mm-Hubcen...ht_2858wt_1139

yay!

Are you going to get longer studs as well? I believe you have the same size RPF1s as I do and I don't think the studs would be long enough after putting on spacers.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    You also might be able to get hub centric spacers machined that have the size of the hub on one side, and the size of the opening of the wheel on the other side. It will probably be significantly more costly, but if you can find a local college/university to do it for you, then it might be not so-so bad. The CAD file should be easy enough to make

get hubcentric sapcers that are for our hub size then use the hubcentric rings that you already have
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Thanks, what about these?
    http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...ry_Code=FIC-WS

I haven't found any 7mm ones but they have some universal 8mm but not sure if they're hubcentric.

those are a little pricey for 2 imo, plus I think you might have to cut the stock studs for them to clear the wheel

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    those are a little pricey for 2 imo, plus I think you might have to cut the stock studs for them to clear the wheel
    I think they're pricey too, just wanted to check if something like those would work.

Anybody know where I could get custom ones made?
    Edit: just found a website, just want to make sure, rpf1s with a 38 offset should clear brembos, right?
    Last edited by Guzm4n; 06-19-2012 at 05:18 PM

You'd have to look at an evo offset to make sure, idk off hand

Experienced TGC Member
    Here is the cheapest I found that would work for you but require you to remove the old wheel studs. This option will save you some more $$$. Just get 2 kits of 5x114 that are 10mm. They might require some shaving of the inner fenders. fyi I had to shave my rears to fit my evo wheels so it's something you probably have to do anyway. Evo wheels are 17x8 38 offset. Also just so you know your wheels will poke out more than us guys running evo wheels because you are moving the entire wheel out running a spacer. If you don't know what size spacer you need just get 2 pieces of mdf, sheet rock, plywood etc. On 1/4 inch and the other 3/8 inch and cut out some spacers with a jig saw. 1/4 mdf works with the brembos then get 7mm. If 3/8 works with the brembos then get 10mm.
    Last edited by Sleepervr-4; 06-21-2012 at 07:14 PM
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Reelax put me on to this website:

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

They made me custom spacers for my wheel setup and I couldn't be more pleased. However, the smallest custom spacer they offered at the time was 19mm, thicker than what you were looking at. You may not need custom spacers, you might can use what they have on the shelf. You do have to make sure your wheels can accommodate the stock studs sticking out from bolt-on spacers:

Make sure your wheels look like this in the back:

All told, with lug nuts (for the spacers, not the wheels) I spent $280 shipped for all four of mine. My wheels are +51mm offset 18 x 8", so with these spacers I'm flush in the rear and poking a 1/2" in front. You might not be so far out, but you also may not spend as much as I did since I needed the wheel lip on my spacers to be smaller than the hub bore (which is why I had to go custom in the first place). Hope this helps!

Edit: Sleeper, your link is for 4 X 114.3 bolt pattern spacers bro.
    Last edited by wetamup2k3g; 06-19-2012 at 06:26 PM

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

project kics make spacers an I have yet to hear anything bad coming from them. I've seen ichiba I've seen crack. h&r make quality spacers also.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Reelax put me on to this website:

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

They made me custom spacers for my wheel setup and I couldn't be more pleased.
    That's the site I found, I made a 7mm spacer with the stock center bore size on one side and 73 on the other side so I wouldn't need the hubcentric rings. The cost was going to be $140 that's without taxes and shipping. I'll check the back of my wheels later sometime this week, I have an extra rpf1 at our old house.

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    project kics make spacers an I have yet to hear anything bad coming from them. I've seen ichiba I've seen crack. h&r make quality spacers also.
    I'll check those out.

motorsport tech looks legit! and pretty decent prices, i will probably buy a set off of them.
    cant decide what size i want though, gunna have to bolt up the brembos and see how much room i need.

thanks for the info.

Okay guys I think I'm going to go with a 10mm spacer just to be on the safe side. Any extended studs you guys recommend, or size?

Experienced TGC Member
    Edit: Sleeper, your link is for 4 X 114.3 bolt pattern spacers bro.
    Didn't even realize that and post was edited lol Thanks
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

For a 10mm spacer should I go with 50mm extended studs or 45mm?

I'm curious, would a 15mm spacer be too much?

Depends what your using them for, i have 10mm up front, and they came with extended studs

I need the rpf1s to clear the brembos, but I kind of don't want to put extended studs because I want to use my current lug nuts. So I was thinking maybe I could use a 15mm spacer that already have the studs on them.

The studs will be longer to compensate for the 15mm spacer itself, you should be able to use your lug nuts. This is what i would do. Check out evom.net, and see what spacers they are running with the off set of your rim, that will give you the spacer size you need. Or you could measure, i used washers 1.5 mm thick, taped them together and then bolted up the rim with the washers in between the rum and rotor surface, and then measured.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast