The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2004 Galant GTS Infinity 6-Disc Issues

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

2004 Galant GTS Infinity 6-Disc Issues

I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct place to post this but I figured the "General" section would be appropriate.

Currently I am having some issues with my Infinity 6-Disc Changer. It was working fine and playing discs then it started clicking while it was playing discs and I tried to make it stop (which might have made it worse) and it stopped playing and wouldn't eject my 6 discs. So I started messing around with it trying to get the discs to read or to eject and neither were working. Finally got the discs to eject by moving a gift card back and forth on the left side of the opening and it triggered the eject button. So I got all my discs out but now it will click and try to read and never work when I start the car, even if its not on CD. When I try to switch to CD it'll do the same thing then say Error 3 Then it stops making noise and I can use the radio fine.

So I'm just assuming the disc changer is kaput since I can't find anyone talking about a reset for it. I've been seeing online a lot of salvage pull replacements for the actual disc changer and I'm planning on buying one of those to replace mine.

It seems like a pretty straightforward pull the old one out and put this one in. But what I'm kind of worried about is if I will need to get the replacement disc changer reprogrammed for my car? Or will it swap into my dash without any issues? Has anyone attempted to do this before and did you have any issues with the swap?

I hate disc changers.

Thie issues you were having are the beginning of its end. If it were my car I would just go with an aftrrmarket double din touchscreen. But to answer your questions, an oem player will fit just fine, you will just need its security code.

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

I know this is a late response to this thread, I haven't actually switched out the disc changer yet. I appreciate the response, I've seen some different articles on how to obtain the security code and doesn't seem like it'll be a big issue. Before I do it I want to be prepared for what I'll have to get in order. So will I definitely need that code or will it only ask for it if the anti-theft system is activated?