The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Washed car idles low and stalls

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Washed car idles low and stalls

Ok i know i have seen some one post something similar to the current issue i am having at the current moment but could not find it. I washed my car the other day and detailed the interior, when i finished the car would idle low then shut off no check engine light or anything. I did not clean the engine bay, and i have not changed or cleaned anything yet. Thinking moister in the plug wires or dirty mas air, idk at this point. Just looking for the right direction to head in to solve this issue.

did you get your air filter wet?

Nope and that's the weird part about it i never even opened the hood

Drive it hard and see if you can trigger the check engine light. Sounds like what dknight3 might have said, maybe when washing you somehow got water onto the air filter. Are your wheel well covers still intact, or are they cracked/broken especially on the driver's side front?

Try reading your codes and see, you might see a stored code but it has not triggered the CEL yet, as it need to occur a certain number of times before the CEL comes on.

The filter is positioned up high behind the headlight assembly not down behind the fog light were most kits put it. I made my own, but i will look at the filter first and drain the capacitors to get the car to relearn idle and go from there.

Figured out the issue the hose that attaches to the intake system to the rear crankcase was disconnected -_- would have posted sooner but have been extremely busy lately.