The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 09 galant grill

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    DjFlav3

09 galant grill

Hey tgc I've given up on an aftermarket grill for my car, so I want to black out my emblem and chrome trim around the grill. Soy question is first off does anyone know if the whole grill is easy to take out including the chrome trim. Also if anyone knows a better method to murder it than plastidip. Any responses are appreciated thanks.

The whole grille I'm sure is pretty easy to take out. I've never took off my Galant's grille, but I've taken off quite a few grilles and they aren't usually hard. I do know for sure though that the chrome part of the grille is attached to the whole grille itself, all one piece.

I've taken mine off and have plastidipped it and it's very simple they are just pop in pop out screws. Comes right off. I kept the chrome cause it looks good with the black car.

Just try and pop it out from underneath by reaching in front of the engine.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5rnvyw
    Is it ricey?

DjFlav3
    Ok thanks for the response guys, im going to try to do it this week and I'll post the pics.

I have a 04 galant and my grill came off prety easy just find some flat head screw drivers or trim removers to pry more accurately and easy. on my car the chrome part of the grills came off I know because I primered and painted mine the black part was looking greyish I broke like 1 or 2 tabs but it still holds on good if u wanna go over the top remove the bumper...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    BIG WILLY 9G FOO..........

DjFlav3
    Ok thanks for the response man.

ya my grill is not gray anymore it's black
    Is it ricey?

Speaking of the grill what I keep thinking might be a neat idea is I'm going to shave off the center column on the bumper and then take the 2 center pieces of the grill that are chrome and attach them to the bottom and bond them together. Then I will go to home depot or some place and get a mesh and then cut it out to fit the grill so it would just be the grill. It will be kinda like the 07-11 galants
    Is it ricey?

DjFlav3
    Do it up and post pics.