The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6G75 3.8l SOHC cam profile

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

6G75 3.8l SOHC cam profile

I recently fitted a forged 6G75 to a spare vehicle.

This was a project that someone else had started.

I don't know where the cam profile came from, but I can tell you that it works...and works pretty well.

If you don't want to hit and miss with your cam profile or if you don't ant to listen to incessant opinions on what does and doesn't work then the following is a profile that is running in my car right now.

Supercharger at 12psi, or running propane, or supercharger removed and running normally aspirated...

I tried all those variations, no check lights on the ECU...it just works and has a "seat of the pants" dyno improvement of a few HP.

It does idle slightly rougher not the silky smooth typical 6G75 idle but not stupidly rougher either.

Since the 'net hasn't got any info and those that do have it seem to covet cam profiles in secrecy...here is mine....copy it as much as you like.

If you want to get it from the same place in Australia...be my guest, the details are on the page ...

cya!

Wow, thank you so much for this info! It will greatly help me for whenever I somehow get a 3.8 swap in my car. But just a quick question, is your 6G75 a MIVEC or non MIVEC?

both his engines are none MIVEC

Muchos gracias senor. So now I just need to find a non MIVEC 3.8L that isn't wanted lol, wish me luck.

Hey everyone I was wondering if the 6g75 engine bolts up to the 8g transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by sexy 8G View Post
    Hey everyone I was wondering if the 6g75 engine bolts up to the 8g transmission.
    Quote Originally Posted by antigen_dw View Post
    Very informative! thanks
    Please do not revive old threads unless you have something to contribute that is relevant to the conversation. Consider yourselves warned.