The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need more info.

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

need more info.

Hi there everybody. i'm new to these site and any help would be great. i know if i keep looking i find what i need to know, but just havent found it. I got a 99 galant and was thiking about turbo charging it and swapping to a 5 speed tranny. can someone give me a list of what i wil need to get that done. My galant is got the 4g64 sohc i think. it is a sohc, but not sure which block it is. and an automatic tranny. from what i read u need diffrent parts from diffent gen. if anybody can give me a list of what is needed i be a great help.

im going to first off "sorry not trying to be a dick"

second: post crap like this and you WILL get flamed, BIG TIME

third: use the search function, theres a few stickys on what your looking for.

fourth: if you have anymore questions post up in this thread that you created

what your looking for is a tranny from a 3g Eclipse 2000/2005
    everything will bolt right up, theres good thread about doing this

as for turbo goes theres alot of options and another good thread on how too and what you need, also if you goto club3g theres info on there, good luck actually finding what you need.....

I has the transmission you need for the swap for sale...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

You want to turbo and...

"have a 4g64 sohc but not sure which block??"

:door:
    Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

why would someone get flamed if they know nothing about the car? weird

anyway, take ur time and browse the forums, search for information on what you are looking to do, if u just got the car, i'd make sure everything is working properly before u attempt to do a 5spd swap or turbo install...just search, ask questions clearly, research information on your car before u even attempt to do a turbo or 5spd swap, know your car before u mod it

PS...guys sometimes u have to realize that people hear about being able to do things to their car and have no idea where to start, stop acting like dicks because someone doesn't know anything....there was a time when you didn't either..

thanks for the help

Just wanted to think those that help with my request. thanks QnzMostWanted for saying what u said. there was a time when everyone here didn't know where to get started on stuff like this and need a direction. I have worked with the 4g63t but it was from the 1st gen. ecpilse, but not to familier with the newr stuff. i was just trying to save a little time. instead of reading 20 diffrent tread before finding the one i needed.

the 4g64 is very similar to a 4g63, even the 4g63 heads (from the evo 8-9 or the Kia optima) can be mated to a 4g64 block, think of the 1g 4g63 rotated 180* and ur right at home with the 4g64 in a way....good luck on ur research and welcome to TGC