The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: next TGCNY meet Mid-Late July

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 42
    You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar

next TGCNY meet Mid-Late July

ALRIGHT GUYS AND GALS TIME TO PLAN THE NEXT MEET SINCE WE WERE WEAKSAUCE LAST YEAR AND NEED TO MAKE UP FOR IT...

ive narrowed it to 2 locations both of which we have done before...im not going to put up a poll but the meet will take place Mid to late July post up some prospective dates as well in your post along with the location you prefer.

i really dont have the time i used to to make this thread real organized and formal like i used to when setting up meets but when we do decide on a location etc i will organize the real post of course.

Location 1 will be at Ffloyd Bennett field.

this meet spot is located in Brooklyn, right off the Belt Pkwy. Exit 11s. we can bring food and if people donate or whatever i can get a sandwhich etc... we can bbq but not to the extent of the corona meet. it is frowned upon but they wont bother you really.
    there is a(Golf) driving range, nice runways, its wide open with lots of space and basically on the beach

Location 2 will be Captree State park

it is located right at the end of Ocean Pkway (Jones Beach) or at the beginning of the Robert Moses Causeway.... suffolk county Long island...
    it cost like $5 to get in and park but you can leave and come back once payed...
    we can bbq etc without any potential problems. it is right on the beach with nice picnic areas and depending on where we decide to hang out it can be pretty open where we can hang out. theres picnic tables in the sand etc.... usually a lot of car clubs etc meet up here ranging from exotics and classics to guys like us....

either area you can go swimming or chill out in the beach etc.... neither however has lifeguards....

think about what you guys want to do and a date range and i will decipher which location and date looks to be the most popular

looking to have the meet in like 5-6 weeks or so from now....

its funny how I leave NY and Jay is busy working and TGCNY falls apart, shame on you guys lmao

Ehh, we still have decent turnouts. I've met 5-6 new galant guys since the bbq I went to 2 years ago. This sounds good Craig, hopefully my brothers can make it to this one. Then there will be a few 2g's there.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I can make it to another NYC meet. If we can get the date set as soon as possible, im sure it would be beneficial for everyone.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

As long as it's not the weeknd of Aug 11th, I'm down! That's my anniversary weeknd.

I know I'm misspelling weeknd, that high-pitched dude's singing is stuck in my head...

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

August sounds good...Gonna be a Saturday again?

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I'd prefer August too, not sure of the date. I know I have a wedding to attend that month
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

im down for august sometimes....captree state park sounds good because there are more activities there everybody so for those who bring people with them they can go enjoy the beach but anytime in august sounds good to me

or july as long as its not the weekend of the 21th

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Late July early August is best for me
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

July 28th or Aug 4th, those are the dates we will decide on. thats the last weekend and first weekend of either month in order. Now we must decide where. Brooklyn sucks then theres traffic........ Captree would be best as it is an all around place to chill with lots of space and they dont bother you there. you can swim and bbq and charter boats are available for fishing, as well as scuba diving, sightseeing and excursion boats.

•Open year round
    •Park closes at 10 p.m.
    •Picnicking: Available all year. Permit required for groups of 50 or more. No fee required.
    •Playground: Available all year. Handicap accessible.
    •Restaurant: Year round

Vehicle Entrance Fee: Cars $8

For your GPS:
    Captree State Park
    P.O. Box 247
    Babylon, NY 11702

so discuss the dates and well go from there. theres is a Snapper Derby on aug11th so that is a bad day to go

ok so it will be either july 21st, 28th or august 4th (my birthday), it seems everyone is agreed on that time frame...
    the traffic to brooklyn isnt bad at all to that area and going to captree shouldnt be bad either...you may hit a little beach traffic either way though especially on a sat but should be pretty isolated

keep the dates you would like coming especially if you have a preference to any of those weeks in particular
    please include the area as well you would prefer

My vote is for crap tree any date works for me...

ima vote for captree, just because I can lmao.....

florida sucks :(

00 galant
    I prefer Captree and any date works with me.

depending on the date I'll make the drive up from Maryland, been a couple years since I've stopped in NY

Experienced TGC Member
    Captree sounds hella fun. Im going to see how much I can save before the meet.
    Last edited by 6G72Galant; 06-26-2012 at 11:15 AM

ok good guys keep the preferences coming...ill leave this thread here until 7/2 and will create a new thread with the meet details...

Captree has my vote, hoping for scantily clad wimenz :) any day not named Aug 11th 2012 is fine with me

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Captree has my vote, hoping for scantily clad wimenz :)
    You read my mind!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast