The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ACC power issue

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

ACC power issue

Ok, long story short.

Go up to store, turn car off, get out, hit key pad to lock doors. Everything worked fine.
    The car locked, horn sounded.
    1/2 hour later come out hit keypad for keyless entry. the car unlocked.

Hop in the car go to start it and the RPMs shoot up then down then idles roungh up and down, up and down then stalled out.

Keep in mind I had the AC turned on during this hole thing.
    But I excluded that from being my bigger issue right now.

After all that I noticed that the ACC power is not working. At all.

No power locks, no windows after car is turned off, no dome lights, no radio at all, no head lights when car turned off.....etc....

Anything that could be turned on while the car is off will not work at all.

My question is what part of the car controls all this. Is there a relay switch or hidden fuse that is not in one of the two fuse boxes? Or do i need to start testing the power from the ignition and just work thur the whole system?

Easy thing to check first for the electrical issues: battery cables, are the terminals corroded? Lose? Frayed and old? To lose all the accessories, you're losing the power.

Erratic idle, could be a few things. Vacuum leak, bad MAF or intake sensor. Is the SES light on? Get the codes pulled.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Should have mentioned THERE ARE NO CODES.

All connections and fuses are good.

I will be pulling the steering column apart and testing the ignition today.

Let you know what I come up with.

Just need Ideas beyond the fuse boxes, connections, and steering columns for places to look and test.

Unless someone had the exact problem and can dirrect me to the exact test and fix.

Well found the quick fix. I still dont know what caused it though.

The one of the IOD fuses were blown after all. Over looked cause I didnt see any burn and when viewing thru the little bit of the side I could see there was still the metal showing the U shape. But it was out after all.

Feel dum on that part.

Next just going to go down the list of things that were out and look for the bad spot. Wish me luck this wont be a simple task.