The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ECU replacement for 380/Galant

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

ECU replacement for 380/Galant

Today I drove my 380 with 6G75 and manual transmission with an ECU controlling spark ignition, fuel maps etc not controlled by the factory ECU.

We upped the rev limiter to 7000rpm max
    We upped the road speed limiter to 300km/h....haha

I can basically fuel it and tune it to any purpose.

Twin turbo anyone?

No need for re-flashing etc.

the big question? $2200.00 australian.

The ECU?

In the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVcYl...ature=youtu.be

It can be done folks, including all the drive by wire throttle, traction control working and emmission controls set anyway you want them.

Have a nice day....

http://380db.com/forum/forums/thread...sts=25&start=1

Icon14

God dude, I LOVE what your doing with these cars, just wish I can do this to mine. Maybe someday, especially removing that stupid governor; I want to go more then 120! And I would love a manual transmission, 5 or 6 speed.

I have backed up the configuration and tune files for the 380 platform.

In the spirit of promoting the 380/9g ..... I am making the files available to all.

You buy a Link G4 ECU, wire it up, put in the config and it will run...and all the car's existing functions like cruise control etc will work.

But...you can fuel it or spark it anyway you want.
    You can have whatever rev limits and road speed limit you want
    You can control engine check warnings...etc etc

I paid around 2k to get the prototype working with a perfect base tune.

Oh...when simulating coil packs on these cars use a small signal diode to ground, not a resistor like most cars..(saves lotsa time)

Hope it helps someone out there...works for me cause am getting twin turbo's fitted up in the next few months and the ECU was a show stopper till now.

cya

BTW..Get the files here, including the application software for working in offline mode with the config.

http://380db.com/forum/forums/thread...osts=3&start=1
    Last edited by redblower; 08-05-2012 at 02:37 AM

Wow, thanks for all that your doing, it's awesome. So will this ECU setup work exactly with our Galant's even though yours is a 380? I don't know if there would be any difference between them.

Quote Originally Posted by #1GALANTFAN View Post
    Wow, thanks for all that your doing, it's awesome. So will this ECU setup work exactly with our Galant's even though yours is a 380? I don't know if there would be any difference between them.

Probably be different wiring details to mine, but basically coil packs, fuel injectors, crank angle sensor, coolant temperature etc need to be picked up from the stock ecu.

The point is the maps and configs in the tune file will give you a car that starts and runs, then you can optimise it to suit your conditions.

I had the options of paying endless amounts for reflashes, then re-tune,then reflash etc or just use another ECU.

With a wideband O2 sensor you can actually fine tune the car in real time on a laptop with an assistant as you drive along with the supplied software.

Can do away with the dyno in most cases.

The ECU does launch control, aircon fan up idle etc etc etc...far more than i will ever need....even Mivec control.

All that is really awesome, I'm definitely gonna have to get me one of those. I'm also the kinda person who would love to fine tune his car to perfection. And I like the idea of getting rid of that stupid governor, haha. Thanks for you sharing all this with us to help us, you are awesome!

BTW...if all you want to do is defeat the road speed governer then all you have to do is get a frequency divider circuit for the signal coming off the transmission final drive..

Downside is your speedo will read exactly half of your real speed...

Though, you could make it switchable....a guy who races his car here in australia did that and it works fine.

Well, I would really like to... but maybe someday I would get a custom turbo for my car, so I would basically need this anyway for that. So I'll just get the link ECU.

Hi guys i was wondering where can i find the ECM in my 2.4 L 9Gen 2011 Galant coz i'm installing the remote starter for it and i really need the wire which controlling the engine starter coming from the EGCM or ECM so help me plz...

Ecm is in the engine bay. Most remote start are being wired to the etacs and ignition switch under the dash.

Already done all of that but i have only one wire remaining it's a pink wire the manual says it should be wired to the EGCM but i couldn't fine the male adapter that i should find under the dash, so far the remote put the car in the ON mode for couple of seconds and then everything goes back off, there is no sound of starter going on at all.... any idea where can i find that wire or maybe anything helps me fine more about this problem??