The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Question about relay positions

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Question about relay positions

Guys, have a question about the relay positions in my 2003 4cyl Galant. I'm not able to map the diagram in the service manual (Factory) to my fuse box. Can someone help me please?

1st picture is from the manual.

2nd picture is my fuse box (under the hood - taken from the drivers side facing the fuse box)

Where is the so called "Fan Control Relay" or the "Horn Relay" or anything for that matter? Sorry if this might seem like a dumb question, but I'm just not seeing how to map this to the service manual. Thanks in advance for any help!

Tamim, the picture from the manual shows a V6 underhood diagram, the intake manifold is the giveaway. When I get home I'll look in the Haynes and see if I can't help if no one else beats me to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Thanks man. You're right the picture is from a v6. But the manual does not have a separate picture for the 4cyl. Most of the other diagrams that are specific to the v6 or the 4cyl, have two separate diagrams.

Either way, appreciate your help. Let me know what you find on the Haynes. I do have the Haynes as well, so you can just refer the page, and I can find it. I had read the Haynes manual on the subject, but they have a picture (2nd picture) like what I have taken, so I can't find the mapping of relays again.

The fusebox in the diagram is also off 99-01

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    The fusebox in the diagram is also off 99-01

I was looking at the 01-03 service manual. That's the only one I have. Do you have a picture from the actual 01-03 fusebox? I read all the service items about relays and all of them have that same diagram.

I searched all over the internet, and just cannot see a service diagram that explains the relay positions for the 03. I need to check my owners manual to see if the fuse diagram has an explanation of the relays as well.

If someone has one handy, can you also please post a photo of your fuse box under the hood, to get an idea what the difference is, just for comparison?

It doesnt show the diagram on the cover?

I found a 50A fuse for the radiator fan. But I still couldn't find (even on the diagram on the cover) what each relay is for. I'll take a picture and upload it today - of the fuse box cover and the owners manual.

^^Yeah, I can't find my Haynes, but I doubt it'll be much help. I'll keep looking.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Your welcome!
    02-03 Galant

Driver side inside

Relays

Last edited by Isaurio; 07-10-2012 at 03:12 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Thank you Isaurio, that gives the function of each fuse, but still does not talk about the 5 black relays in the fuse box (see my picture in the first thread). Do you have another diagram that addresses them as well, please?

updated

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Perfect!!! Thanks so much. It's the A-09x that I was looking for. The so called "Fan control relay". Let me replace that and see if it helps out with the overheating while idling issue.

On a side note, where did you get these diagrams????

AllData

SOHC Turbo

^ expensive software....

One more question please. As you can see in the picture the other relays that I have installed in my car are part# MR538851. When I ordered a set of these from the dealer the part# I received is 8627A008. Does anyone know if MR538851 was superseeded, and if I can put the #8627A008 on my car. It's a 2003 Galant with a 2.4L engine.

they're both just 12v relays. if it physically fits in there, it will work.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Thank you! I will put them in then.