The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: can a 03 galant pcm work in a 2000 8th gen

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

can a 03 galant pcm work in a 2000 8th gen

i was wondering can a 03 galant pcm work ina 2000 galant if i change the ignition cylender the imobillizer and ecu all from the same 03 galant my pcm went bad and i live 2 hours from a dealer to have another pcm installed just to put this out there the reason im having this problem is my galant wont shift outta 2nd gear while in drive it goes in park neutral and reverse fine but in drive it wont move hardly it struggles to go at 60mph it runs a 3000 rpms i changed the whole transmission it still does it i got a code reader and i cant member the code but it was the code for a bad pcm so i wanna fix it but i cant get to a dealer to have a new pcm flashed so if anyone knows if a 03 will work ina 00 if i change everything the key the imobilizer and the ecu will it work or if anyone has a set up for a 00 galant let me no with a price thanks. its a 4cyl by the way i for got to mention that part

what year was the transmission out of? because its its not an 03 it wont fix ur problem

its a 2000 transmission i can only find a pcm with the key cylender and the imobillizer for a 03 i cant find none for a 00

u need to find a 00 or 2001 ECU, anything else will cause the transmission to be in limpmode

if u can find a 2000 ECU, u need not worry about the immobilizer because there are people here who can help u get that removed

well i have a 00 ecu that i got b4 i new i had to change the imobilizzer and the key cylinder out who do i need to talk to bout how to remove the imobilizer

will it still work with the auto transmission i wanna do the 5 speed swap but icant afford it right now im just trying to get my car back on the road cause my silverado is killing me on gas how much for it

yes it would, u can PM Isaurio and possibly mail him the ECU and he will mail it back to you with the immobilizer deleted....PM him and work out the details

You can't just swap pcm's like that the wiring harness needs pins moved because locations are different speedo needs to be rewired and if I'm not mistaken the crank position sensor pick up must be changed as well. Why are you changing to an 03 PCM your better off with the 00 PCM if your going 5 speed you won't have to deal with the trans codes with the 03 PCM

i pmed him man thanks and it was the only one i could find with the key cylinder and imobilizer with it for me to swap cause i live 2 hours away from a dealer to have an pcm flashed for my car i would rather keep the 00 pcm

Isaurio can add your existing immobilizer code to any another PCM or just delete it all together. You should have gathered more info before you bought an 03 PCM

i didnt buy an 03 pcm i was asking if it worked b4 i bought it i have a 00 pcm and my old pcm i just need it flashed to my car or the imobilizer deleted b4 today i didnt no u could delete the imobilizer im new to the mitsubishi stuff especially with pcms and stuff. im used to older chevrolet motors and dragsters so pcms and ecus are all new to me lol

What's the issue with your PCM that it needs replacement?

the reason im having this problem is my galant wont shift outta 2nd gear while in drive it goes in park neutral and reverse fine but in drive it wont move hardly it struggles to go at 60mph it runs a 3000 rpms i changed the whole transmission it still does it i got a code reader and i cant member the code but it was the code for a bad pcm

Best bet is grab a 00 PCM send it to Isaurio he'll delete the immobilizer or send him both pcm's and he can add your existing immobilizer to the new PCM.

yea i pm ed him yesterday bout 8pm i aint heard back from him yet so im waiting which would u do and do i have to have it reflahed for the 5 speed swap

if u have a 2000 ECU, u wont need to do anything for the 5spd swap, u wont throw any transmission codes

so it will just work with the 5 speed 2 without changing nuttin kool thanks u2 im learnin alot bout this new stuff with pcms and ecus lol

What Denver said no issue with a 5 speed swap on a 99-00 PCM. Isaurio went away yesterday I'll speak wit him lata and update him on your issue