The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2004 Galant Movie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38
    I'll have to wait a few years on it though...see the reviews on whether or not all the damn 8G squeaks are gone.

RVR
    It looks more like a Dodge Intrepid.. So when Is the Ralliart edition be coming out.. If that is a JDM model too, it looks ugly...

I have been lucky to actually see a 9G Galant rolling around the streets up here in MIchigan...its a ES and its all masked up.

Experienced TGC Member

3.8L!!!!

Can you imagine the gains w/a turbo? I know only the basics about cars, but w/3.8...damn

BTW: Where the hell is the extra 8 litters of displacment going? I mean with nearly a whole litter of displacment, a 30 hp gain [from 8G V6] is dissappointing. The G35 is 3.4 and is pushing 360 HP.

Also check out the australian edition:

Looks a lot more like the 8Gs.[/img]

Experienced TGC Member
    ^
    The G35 is pushing 260, and the above model looks more like the 7Gs (I think).

The Nissan VQ35 3.5l V6 engine is all aluminum with variable valve timing.
    Mitsu's 3.8l uses no variable valve timing. It's basically a traditional MPI SOHC design. The engine is already very heavy, and with the MIVEC head would have been even heavier and also taller in design.
    As the global engine venture moves forward and Mitsu and Hyundai increase cooperating more, we may see all-aluminum engines and MIVEC technology evolve further and be applied accross the entire engine range.
    Mitsu already developed a 3.5l MIVEC (280PS) and 3.0l MIVEC (240PS) in the mid to late 90's, as such it is clear they know how to apply the technology.
    Mitsubishi Sapporo Turbo, the first, the best and the most beautiful car I've ever owned.

Bill6090

Re: 3.8L!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can you imagine the gains w/a turbo? Â*I know only the basics about cars, but w/3.8...damn

BTW: Where the hell is the extra 8 litters of displacment going? Â*I mean with nearly a whole litter of displacment, a 30 hp gain [from 8G V6] is dissappointing. Â*The G35 is 3.4 and is pushing 360 HP.

Looks a lot more like the 8Gs.[/img]</div>

Just to let you know, that's not an Aussie version, that's the American Diamante redesign. And the G35 only has 260bhp, not 350. Just wanted to clear that up.

yeah and also thats the ugliest piece of shit to ever come out of Mitsubishi!!!!!
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

escoson
    eh....

xSILENTx
    My grandmom is getting a new car soon and i was trying to talk her into getting the new galant but does anyone know what kinda base price the de and es models will be.

Experienced TGC Member

Re: 3.8L!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill6090
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet BLaK
    Can you imagine the gains w/a turbo? I know only the basics about cars, but w/3.8...damn

BTW: Where the hell is the extra 8 litters of displacment going? I mean with nearly a whole litter of displacment, a 30 hp gain [from 8G V6] is dissappointing. The G35 is 3.4 and is pushing 360 HP.

Looks a lot more like the 8Gs.[/img]

Just to let you know, that's not an Aussie version, that's the American Diamante redesign. And the G35 only has 260bhp, not 350. Just wanted to clear that up.
    Hey no need to at me. I hit the 3 instead of the 2. And besides I said 260 in the next post. Yes your right it is a Diamante.

very japanese styling

anyway the gtz only has a strut tower brace and a leather wrapped wheel as extras. where's the optional t04 with stage 2 intercooling ?

mitsu will never make something on the lines of that new dodge neon sts or whatever

evo I guess is similar

L

Anyone plan to get the 9G?

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gladiator)</div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone plan to get the 9G? </div>

Well I dont know about going as far as purchasing it, but I know a few members are digging it. The only problem I have, is it's overall size. Now it just resembles a family sedan. While our previous generation g's all look like sporty sedans. The 8g's are apex of the Galant family, in terms of looks. And now its time for mitsu to take 2 steps back, and 1 step forward (quoted by some TGC member).

VIO
    damn it that thing is one of the ugliest things i've ever seen. the nose of the car looks like a damn mini van. :pukey: 9g...

Quote Originally Posted by VIO
    damn it that thing is one of the ugliest things i've ever seen. the nose of the car looks like a damn mini van. :pukey: 9g...
    It looks like a diamante had sex with a fucking altima

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator
    Anyone plan to get the 9G?
    I do.

99TBP-ES
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant
    Galant effort: Mitsubishi holds its own in tough midsize field

2004 MITSUBISHI GALANT
    ON SALE: Now
    BASE PRICE: $18,000 (est.)
    POWERTRAIN: 2.4-liter,160-hp, 157-lb-ft I4; fwd, four-speed automatic
    CURB WEIGHT: 3351 pounds