The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sound problem

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    karlson002

Sound problem

Inside my vehicle I obtained a star appear stereo system system 2600 watt amplifier that's running 2 6" By 9" and two mid-range sound system...............

Which i've got a Rockford Punch 5000 Watt Mono Block Amplifier that's running 2 DVC subs 1200 Watt..............................

I obtained everything wired up nice finished with a skilled professional guy.........

Every factor seems being running properly however, if i playing music noisally and raving the engine it cuts in the energy of my subs..........

I am unsure what's wrong.......

Please I am new relating to this forum, Help with your valuable replies.........

I'm going to be very glad if you undertake so.............

So if I'm reading this right you've got 7600W of sound in your car, what alternator are you running? Please don't say stock, pretty please don't say the original one. Chances are you are simply running too much wattage for your charging system to handle and when the engine needs power something's gotta give.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Smh... Dam! Can i get your name and address so i can keep you on file for my future hearing aid company? x2 h.o. Alternator is needed

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by karlson002 View Post
    Inside my vehicle I obtained a star appear stereo system system 2600 watt amplifier that's running 2 6" By 9" and two mid-range sound system...............

Which i've got a Rockford Punch 5000 Watt Mono Block Amplifier that's running 2 DVC subs 1200 Watt..............................

Altenator battery & 0gauge upgrade needed,, now on another note if your running a 5k mono why are you pushing 1200w subs with it your gonna blow those subs, a mono puts 5k rms continuous, if your subs are rated at 1200rms each then even on a split your overpowering them by 1300rms. this can also be an issue with your ground wire being over pressed to release that much excess power.

Currently under rockfords punch line they dont make a 5k mono only 200m 300m 400m 500m and 1k so id need a model number from you for old series lookup.

youve got your car on
    http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lex...block-amp.html
    im not seeing the amp but i see two pioner champione series; at 10 in these are 800w rms at 12in these ar 1k rms.

As of right now from your Original post your numbers dont add up and a real answer cant be givin .please post model number and picks of your amp and tell us if you changed your battery or not.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    So if I'm reading this right you've got 7600W of sound in your car, what alternator are you running? Please don't say stock, pretty please don't say the original one. Chances are you are simply running too much wattage for your charging system to handle and when the engine needs power something's gotta give.
    after reading your post greg i had to do some homework cause i was like WTF OMG I shit my pants and liked it, Im running roughly 3k rms in my system and dont strain my alt unless im parked and cranked up to fuck the world its breakin windows time, on the high way at wot i can got nutso on sound and no power issues

Rockford does make a
    T2500-1bdCP
    2500 Watt Class-bd Constant Power Amplifier on their POWER lineup
    but when you spend $1600.00 on a mono amp your not pushing pioneer subs in a brebuilt box thats for sure. other than that you can only get a rockford at 1k rms or lower.

I seriously doubt that setup is even 800 watts rms. I love how people throw max/peak watt numbers out there.

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    after reading your post greg i had to do some homework cause i was like WTF OMG I shit my pants and liked it, Im running roughly 3k rms in my system and dont strain my alt unless im parked and cranked up to fuck the world its breakin windows time, on the high way at wot i can got nutso on sound and no power issues
    Yeah I peeped your system at the meet, looks like it got some serious knock! What's the output on your alternator though, I know if you have a Ford alternator (since you have a Ford engine in the 6) it's probably powerful because a lot of HO alternators use Ford components in their products, like their rectifiers and regulators. I read somewhere that the stock 8G V6 alternator is only 80 or 90 amps. Can't go too far with that.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I seriously doubt that setup is even 800 watts rms. I love how people throw max/peak watt numbers out there.

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2
    I figured this too, however I didn't think RF posted max wattage numbers on their equipment, I thought they and most reputable audio manufacturers only listed RMS figures. I could be wrong though. Best way to tell is to have the OP post up his fuse ratings and multiply 12V x whatever amperage is on those fuses to get the max wattage.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"