The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Decent mitsubishi tech in DC metro area

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Decent mitsubishi tech in DC metro area

Hello,

I am trying to trouble shoot a P0300 on 99 galant es v6. My mechanic is a part changer and does not know much about mits. Can someone recommend decent mitsubishi mechanic in washington DC metro area.

Regards,

Jay

There used to be a guy called Alex who works/worked at Tyson's Corner Mitsubishi (Stohlman, if I remember right). He used to post on craigslist, but I don't see it anymore, so I don't know if he still does side jobs.

P0300 - Random cylinder misfire, are you having any hesitation when you drive/start the car? How many miles do you have on your car? You might want to take your spark plugs out and check them first and go from there.

I work with a guy that works part time at Ourisman Mitsubishi on Branch Avenue by the beltway. His 4-cyl is the quietest 8G I've ever heard. I'll talk to him and see if he can't work something out. PM me your info and I'll give it to him so he can call you.

Piggybacking on what Tamim asked, if we can figure out what's up here though, you might can fix it yourself. What has been changed so far by your parts changer?

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

wetamup, is your colleague interested in doing side work?

^^I can find out. When I talk to him tomorrow, I'll ask him for you, see what he says. PM me your info and I'll be glad to pass it along if he's cool with it :)

-Greg

I have 99 galant ES V6/3.0 with 150K miles. I bought it for my son it was leaking a bit of oil. Took it to mechanic who said, cam seals and one more (i forget name) should be changed along with timing belt (since he is opening it), other belts and water pump.

The above fix did not fix the oil leak because it was leaking from head gasket. So, he changed head gasket and while changing HG, also changed valves, valve cover seal, plugs and wires. Now I have P0300. Car runs fine on high speed (over 2K RPM) but missfires in idle, pickup and slow speed. My guess is he might have messed up Plug to distributor cap sequence (can it cause random misfire?). He does not know much about mitsubishi and seem like more of part changer then the mechanic. Regards

Jay

Timing belts off a tooth take it to another shop and make him pay the bill.

Sent from god

Shit, I forgot about this, Jay I'll send you a PM with my number, call me tomorrow to remind me to walk over and give dude your info. He said when I last talked to him he'll call you and see what's going on but I didn't have your number with me and I never went back to give it to him. That's my bad. I'll PM you my number shortly.

-Greg