The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What is Rims & Offset Size on This Car

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

What is Rims & Offset Size on This Car

Hi Guys

I want buy XXR 527 rims, i dont know wich one is better for my car.

18x8.75 [+25mm] or [+35mm]

1: Please see this picture and tell me what is offset on this car?
    2: This car use spacer in rear rims or no?

Thank You and sorry if my question is Duplicate.

dammit not you too lol. sorry
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

i would get 35 if you dont plan on getting brembo's, 25 is gunna poke a lot..

Quote Originally Posted by alees View Post
    Hi Guys

I want buy XXR 527 rims, i dont know wich one is better for my car.

18x8.75 [+25mm] or [+35mm]

1: Please see this picture and tell me what is offset on this car?
    2: This car use spacer in rear rims or no?

Thank You and sorry if my question is Duplicate.
    if those wheels are all the same offset/width, then the rear are spaced. also, if you r planning to copy that look, it's going to take some work to replicate that stance... cut out/folded/rolled fender lips, camber kits and coilovers at the least.

Thanks Guys

can i use +20mm offset? because xxr 527 have just two offset size now! +35 and +20, i have research but some times i see +25, for rear i want use spacer.

but for front i dont know i need to spacer for use +20mm offset or no? what you think?

are you willing to do the supporting mods to use +20? even +35 will require rear fender rolling/folding/cutting, moreso if you plan on lowering and even more if you camber correct. if you are not going to lower your car it will look like a skateboard 4x4 w/ +20. so do u plan on running negative camber or camber correcting?

for reference i am running 19x8.5 +48 camber corrected... 8.5 +48 has virtually the SAME wheel to fender clearance as 7.5 +35, but since i am camber corrected, i had to cut out most of my rear fender lips. here's some pics:

+20 is 15mm more outboard than +35, 15mm is a little more than 1/2". in order to copy the look of the original pic, you will need, at the least, rolled/folded/cut rear fenders, coilovers (or air ride), most likely spacers (for the rear), camber kits and stretched tires.

understand, i'm not trying to dissuade you, i'm just letting you know what is involved if you decide to go for this type of fitment.
    Last edited by Reelax; 07-11-2012 at 05:06 PM

take it to a shop and let the pros do it, at least they can test fit, roll, shave, pull fenders if needed. I'd avoid spacers, just get correct fitment.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Thanks All for Help!