The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: convert 4d68 Mitsubishi engine to 4d68T (Turbo) Mitsubishi engine.. URGENT

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

convert 4d68 Mitsubishi engine to 4d68T (Turbo) Mitsubishi engine.. URGENT

hi friends, I would like to add turbo in 4d68 Mitsubishi engine. I came to know that Mitusbhishi have 4d68T engine which has turbo. I haven't seen a 4d68T engine. Are these two engines the same ?
    Give me some tips for this job? Will it increase the performance of the car..
    waiting for ur expert replies

Ive converted a non turbo diesel engine to TD and it was pretty easy. But since you havent seen 4g68T I dont understand where you're going to source the turbo, manifold and oil pan. Unless you go with completely custom setup which will cost alot of money, you will need the setup from a 4g68TD.

Besides maybe thicker pistons, added fuel and maybe heavier pressure plate, the engines are the same. I know that the BOSCH mechanical diesel pump have a screw where you can adjust how much fuel to spray and that was how I did it back in the day to increase the fuel delivery, and since I didnt have wideband monitoring I had to have someone watch my exhaust gases as I stomped on it. If it was too black then it too rich and if it was too colorless the it was too lean. The guy, who I talked to, said it had to be somewhere in the middle.

It will be safe to have 10psi of pressure applied to that engine. They dont need too big of an intercooler either.

Hope that helps
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Do u know any websites where I can buy these parts online ?
    Actually I was planning to make a custom manifold and a manual turbo from a ford diesel car which is available in our country. Then source all the other parts ..