The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ideas for best subs in '03 gallant es

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    I would recomend a pair of Punch P3L-S12 from Rockford Fosgate, they are designed for a small enclosure; I currently have them, the bass is awesome.
    De que estamos hablando?

Quote Originally Posted by PR8GG View Post
    I would recomend a pair of Punch P3L-S12 from Rockford Fosgate, they are designed for a small enclosure; I currently have them, the bass is awesome.
    Thats a nice set up man, I like it, it's nice and clean looking. What did you pay for the subs?

Gow big are those and how did you do it?

Sent from my phone! Using Tapatalk

Thanks stryker for the explanation I guess it makes sense cause obviously you could volt wise double the sine wave and the amplitude of the wave be out of spec for the sub and blow it. O physics 3 class actually pays off.

Check out this website http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/ they have decent priced good quality subs and they also have enclosure diagrams for each sub specification. As stated before if it is your first system you might want to stick with kicker, alpine, kenwood, powerbass, RF, etc. because some of these subs are power hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi1991 View Post
    Gow big are those and how did you do it?

Sent from my phone! Using Tapatalk
    those are RF P3L-S12 12" dual voice coil each. The enclosures are custom fiber glass, molded according to the trunk. There is a ton of info about how to do this, I am no expert in fg fabrication and I pulled off.
    De que estamos hablando?

Quote Originally Posted by STrYkeR View Post
    Thats a nice set up man, I like it, it's nice and clean looking. What did you pay for the subs?
    I spend about $210.00 on the subs, the boxes are another story.
    De que estamos hablando?

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    Thanks stryker for the explanation I guess it makes sense cause obviously you could volt wise double the sine wave and the amplitude of the wave be out of spec for the sub and blow it. O physics 3 class actually pays off.

Ya, I took a 2.5 year University electronics course in 6 months (thanks to the Canadian Military) for my trade, it was a lot of fun, lol.

I spend about $210.00 on the subs, the boxes are another story.

Thats not bad... the boxes I can make myself, I am pretty hany when it comes to fiberglass. now, was that 210 total or each?

Quote Originally Posted by STrYkeR View Post
    Thats not bad... the boxes I can make myself, I am pretty hany when it comes to fiberglass. now, was that 210 total or each?
    Total, I got them direct from the distributor here in PR, but I think you can get them in Ebay. That was my first project with fiberglass; since then, I have made about 4 more cars in my spare time.
    De que estamos hablando?

Total, I got them direct from the distributor here in PR, but I think you can get them in Ebay. That was my first project with fiberglass; since then, I have made about 4 more cars in my spare time.
    I kinda miss working with the stuff, once you get your own technique down it is so easy, I wish I still had a garage, I would get back into it, I even tried my hand at making some plexiglass boxes, thats what I have my subs in now.... I think I may just put them in the girlfriends car, and ask her parents if I can use their garage and fab up something similar to what you have there, onlt incorporate the amp and shit into the mix, maybe with a plexiglass cover with some led lighting...... Damn it!! see what you did to me, lol. now I have to do it, lmao!!

Do a little research before buying any equipment. There are a lot of things to consider when choosing subs and amps. Your budget will also come into play. I have Rockford Fosgate P3s running off of a Hifonics Brutus Mono amp in my 8g, and the bass is amazing. I have a second Brutus Elite amp powering all the component speakers, so it’s a good balance between bass and SPL. One of the big things to look out for is wattage, some will advertise a high wattage, but its only peak power. What you want to look at is RMS, thats the true wattage of you amp and subs. Check out Crutchfield, they have a research section that has a ton of info, like wiring, dual vs single voice coil, how to make the right box, tunning, etc...

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Learn...px?g=500&tp=13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12