The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EGR control Solenoid valve

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

EGR control Solenoid valve

Hi this is the first post i am doing i had a quick look to see if anything matched my post but all the others seemed to have underlining faults, i have a 2002 Galant 2.0 (It is a Ireland car so European model) i have had the engine management light on on the dash for a while, i went to get the codes read and the guy said it was the EGR control solenoid valve that was not working, now it is pot luck on if the EML comes on or not but either way there is no running problems. I ordered a EGR control solenoid valve from a nice chap in the USA who said it would be the same as mine (Mitsubishi parts guy here hasn't a clue about parts) when it arrived today there is only 2 fixtures for the vacuum lines to go in to 1 silver near the wire plug and one over the other end that is black. Now mine has 2 fixtures for vacuum lines at this end. would there be any adverse effect if i only attach one of the vacuum lines? (my guess is there would be but thought i would check before going to Mitsubishi again). Also is there a way maybe to clean my old one if it is only maybe dirty inside? i was told that the car was stood for about 1 month before i got it and that it was not on before that. If you need more info then let me know i will try to supply this. Thanks for any help i am told you guys are the best to ask

I wonder if you got the solenoid from the 2.4l ( usdm 03 galant) which would be a differant part. But I am unsure if it would work, the only thing I would suggest is get a t fitting and some vaacum line and try that but I don't know if that would work? You may have to just invest in a new part ( the correct one) since it is a differant one

Hey, I just saw you're post, if you give me about 3 hours oreso I can look up your car and get the part number for you. Now you say you need the egr valve solenoid?

Hi bgood12, yeah that's right the EGR control solenoid valve, the Galant was not to popular over here in Ireland so it's hard to get parts for it unless i go to Mitsubishi and my local Mitsubishi dealer parts guy does not want to give anyone the time of day :~/ any help would be grateful, thanks to djhah also for your reply :) its currently 23:00 over here so might not pick any replies up till morning now :) thanks again

Well I looked at ea7a scyl2.0 you don't have awd 2.0 do you? Anyway I found a part listed as valve,emission solenoid. Part number Mr420687which is whole emission solenoid assembly valve, it does not apply to usd chassis code either that might be why it did not fit. Here is a pic,
    [IMG]html>

<head><title>411 Length Required</title></head>

<body bgcolor="white">

<center><h1>411 Length Required</h1></center>

<hr><center>nginx/1.2.2</center>

</body>

</html>

[/IMG]

There are lotta diff models so if you gett your chassis code I can make sure I have right part, perhaps chassis code and month year ur car was made should be on door sill or on engine bay firewall.

Hi bgood12, thanks for your help again the chassis code for my car is JMASNEA2A1Z000443 and was month of feb 2002 many thanks again

I'm still looking, sorry your vin cabt be entered for some reason. Ea2a does not show up as chassis so I guess ea7a and chassis code 000443 but the examples have chasis code with 0001519 for example so I'm working on it. In any case though I know the part number I showed is Europe spec, is yours thw 1.8 marked up to 2 or the gdi 2.0

Hi on the log book it says 2.0 gls the cc is 1997, i can get the engine number off the logbook if that helps anymore, thanks again for your continued help :-) rich

Rich, last few questions. Is your engine 4 or 6 cylinder ? Do you have a hatch?, and is it two wheel drive or four wheel drive? If u answer those I will have part number for you.

My guess might be ec7w have valve assembly, emission solenoid part number Mr420687 and applies to all vehicles with legnums galants with ea7a, ea7w,ec7a,ec7w chassis which seems like it covers all Europe galant models. So its same across all cars go to your dealer habe them order it if its not to terrible a cost, or go search yards for cars with those chassis numbers and you should be set. On your a lebel in your engine it should have your four digit chassis code that matches or is close to one of those it will start with ea or ec

Hi Bgood12, thanks for sticking with this, i will have a word with a dealer near by and give them that part number (the guy at Dealer in Galway had no clue even with the chassis number on his screen) she is a 4 cylinder saloon and 2 wheel drive. unfortunately i will have to go through main dealer as second hand Galant parts are few and far between in Ireland as Mitsubishi had to stop importing it in 2003 (cash problems) so when ever Galants come off the road (very rare with the reliability and good looks) all the parts are taken almost the same day. Thanks again for your help, if you ever over in Ireland i will get the first pint in :~) Rich.

Hey no porob hope it helped, hey are apyou anywhere near cork?

Yeah it helped alot :), I am in Galway on the west coast it's about 3 hours drive (give or take) but i travel down to cork alot it's nice down there, and i get to drive my Galant (that always makes the trip good) you been to cork?

I have a good friend going to study abroad at cork next year. She's in chemical engineering.

Cork is a nice place i am sure she will enjoy it, Will have to tell her to come up to Galway for the Galway Races next year it's good crack as they say over here (good fun) Cork is nicer then Dublin as well and anyone who is from cork will tell you it's the real capital of Ireland :)

Ill let her know of course first thing she asks me is, is he hot?. But um me me and ill give u the euro version of asa the only prob is the instructions are jumbled and I barely got it to work but I did. You will need a .rar extractor though let me know if u wanna try and use it.

ha, wouldn't know how to answer that one i am originally from the uk so the Irish like my accent :~). Sorry at the risk of sounding asleep what is me me? :~/

Sorry my phones corrective text messed it up. I meant PM (personal message) me.