The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Diamante VRX Intake Manifold...?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Diamante VRX Intake Manifold...?

Does anyone have any knowledge on swapping a stock 6g72 IM with one from a Diamante VRX? Is it the same as a basic Diamante IM? And what would the recommended TB be for this swap?

Searched and didn't find anything specific to the VRX. Sorry if this is a stupid question!

more or less, yes, it's the same IM, you can use your stock TB if you want, however the 6g74 TB is better, just make sure you have the TPS and IAC modules and pig tails

Quote Originally Posted by foxbrand View Post
    more or less, yes, it's the same IM, you can use your stock TB if you want, however the 6g74 TB is better, just make sure you have the TPS and IAC modules and pig tails
    This may sound stupid, but...TPS?...IAC?....pig tails?... Sadly I'm not educated in such things, simply handy lol. I'm also assuming that whatever these are I want the ones that would have come with the donor units.

I was also reading about Eclipse GTS IM, any thoughts?

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    there is a thread on here talking about plenum V6 options loads of information you will find useful.

TPS=throttle position sensor, tells the engine control unit how far you are pushing down on the gas pedal
    IAC=idle air controller, it controls and modulates the amount of air that bypasses the throttle body so the car idles properly under many situations and engine loads, IE the ac on on a hot day in traffic, or down hill on a 10 degree day while braking, and so on
    Pigtail= the connector and a length of wire that connects to each of the modules, your stock TPS and IAC aren't compatible with the throttle body from the diamanté
    And yes, you can use the intake manifold from a GTS, it's a bit more of a direct fit (the dia's manifold will require you to mess with how the battery is mounted a little bit)
    Just because something is old, doesn't mean you throw it away

Geordi La Forge

Thanks, very useful. Now I can hit the web and junk yards and price things out to see which seems to make more sense.