The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Replace front wheel bearings only, or entire hub assembly?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Icon5 Replace front wheel bearings only, or entire hub assembly?

so the front wheel beariing(s) are shot, again. grinding sound coming from the front, and gets louder the faster you drive. i've replaced the bearings about 2 years\50,000 miles ago.

is it okay if i change just the bearings, or does the hub need to be changed as well? just have to make sure, because the hub assembly is expen$$$ive. thanks in advance!

u can change just the bearing, but it would have to be pressed in

One whole assembly, hub and all... Trust me i tried... I might have one

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Bearing only. The bearing should not have ruined rhe hub but you will need to press it in like previously stated.

Sent from my phone! Using Tapatalk

My front passenger wheel bearing is acting up as well. my car pulls slightly 2 the right wht causes that?
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

Why it acts to right can be many things. Diffrent tyre pressure, stuck brake, wheels not aligned right.

i eneded up getting the whole hub. its easy and comes all gressed up and no pressing. for 20 dollars more its worth it. save urself the mechanic cost. i bougth these timkens.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Hub-Asse...7bf172&vxp=mtr

Some might have access to something to press it in.

If you go for OEM, you can easily get another 100K from them with no issues. Timken is a good aftermarket brand (with respectable reviews). Try getting it from Pepboys or an auto store that gives you a warranty, so that every time they go bad, you can just replace it for free (parts at least).

pepboys sell them for 96 dollars. but if you do them yourself, u save the cost off the mechanic so still a good deal. but 96 + mechanics fee is wayy too much

I would just replace the entire thing. Usually the parts stores offer a lifetime warranty, so if they go again take them back for new ones.