The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Coil pack arc cylinder 4

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Coil pack arc cylinder 4

The coil pack was arcing, can I unplug the wire going to it or its fuel injector to confirm whether it is the packs ground(????) or that number 1 plug wire is causing the arcing? The arcing was like blue lightning. I switched the coil pack to number 2 cylinder, and cylinder 4 pack still arced. Cylinder 4 is the problem spot. Is this a bad wire or what?

The noticable sound of it arcing happened after putting in new plugs but It had developed a bad miss after starting out with a slight miss, a week prior before me installing these new factory NGK plugs.

Now the miss is gone with the 100 degree temps outside. But I believe it will be back when it gets really hot again. Besides, it turns out that plug wire is Autolite. If someone can help me confirm its the wire I am going to get those blue NGK wire set.
    Last edited by John165; 07-10-2012 at 12:19 AM

If it stayed at 4 then its possible its your wires.

Yep, you got it. It got so bad that the arcing started to happen along number 1 plug wire. It was however only happening at the coil pack. So I found me a bosch wire and made it fit, and the arc is now gone. Now this can by me some time to go and get those NGK wires. Thanks for the help.