The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rims Urgent help needed!!!

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Rims Urgent help needed!!!

I have 2007 galant se you can see in garage..i have opportunity to swap my 16 in rims with 18 in Giovanna rims from a suped up 99 eclipse gsx. Both are 114.3 5 lug. will they fit??? Need answer quick

it will fit if they are the same bolt pattern, the offset might be a little off though.

it should be alright though.

Help with offset what is that

The lower the offset, the more curvature the face of the spokes are.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by h3llb3nt21 View Post
    Help with offset what is that
    offset simply is how far from the center line the wheel mates to the hub. the lower the offest (for a given wheel width) the more the wheel will be pushed away from the car, the higher the offset, the more the wheel will be pushed in to the car. here is a cut-away picture to help understand:

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    The lower the offset, the more curvature the face of the spokes are.
    kind of, since that's not always the case w/ all wheel designs... some wheels have no curvature to their spokes/faces.

We are swapping at 5 today. My 16 chrome no name s for 18 silver Giovanna

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    offset simply is how far from the center line the wheel mates to the hub. the lower the offest (for a given wheel width) the more the wheel will be pushed away from the car, the higher the offset, the more the wheel will be pushed in to the car. here is a cut-away picture to help understand:

kind of, since that's not always the case w/ all wheel designs... some wheels have no curvature to their spokes/faces.
    Thats awesome, I love that people here have actual knowledge when it comes to this shit.

So, if I am understanding this correctly, a lower offset will give you a wider stance, so to speak?

Thats what I took from it....tires are.same size as 09 ralliart just 10 mm less wide should look good. Agreed everybody is helpful on here thanks!

We are swapping at 5 today. My 16 chrome no name s for 18 silver Giovanna
    take some pics!
    De que estamos hablando?

Here is a pic of what I am to get

nice, I like them, not too flashy or ricey. Do you plan on putting any paint on them at all? I think if you painted the indented parts on the 5 spokes black or a dark metalic grey it would make them pop nice, but thats just my opinion.
    Last edited by STrYkeR; 07-19-2012 at 01:46 PM

Thats a good idea, just would have to find some good paint to do that any ideas?

Thats a good idea, just would have to find some good paint to do that any ideas?

Well, depends on the colour i guess and I know being on the rims it has to be durable or protected, i think, lol. I don't know much about paint, I know Keith6110 has paint expierience, I think he would be the one to ask about that, here is a link to his latest project https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=45179.

Quote Originally Posted by STrYkeR View Post
    So, if I am understanding this correctly, a lower offset will give you a wider stance, so to speak?
    yes, lower offset for a given wheel width gives a wider stance... the limiting factor is fender clearance.

Thats what I took from it....tires are.same size as 09 ralliart just 10 mm less wide should look good. Agreed everybody is helpful on here thanks!
    yes and no. here's what the tire size numbers actually mean:

9G ralliart OE size 235/45r18.

235 means 235mm wide or 9.25"
    18 means 18" diameter wheel
    45 is actually a percent of the width or 45% of 235mm, which is 4.2"

this means the overall height is 18" + (2x4.2") = 26.4"

if these 18's are coming off a 2g eclipse, the common wheel size is like 18x7 or 18x7.5 and proper upsize tire for that car to keep correct rolling circumference near OE would be 215/35r18.

215mm wide
    18" diameter wheel
    35% of 215mm is 2.99"

so overall height is 18" + (2x2.99") = 23.98"

the difference in height from the tire you need (26.4") and the tire you might be getting (23.98") is 2.42" which extrapolates to a 9.1% difference in rolling circumference. ideally u want to stay within 2% of OE to keep correct speedometer readings / transmission stress as well as proper suspension geometry.

now as far as offset goes, the stock wheel size for the 9G ralliart is 18x8 +46mm depending on the specs of the wheel you are getting, you may need spacers to lower the offset and push the new wheels out for clearance (shouldn't b a problem if the new wheel is 7" or 7.5" wide and around +45mm offset)/stance (the new wheels may look more "sucked in" to car than stock).

if u give us the exact specs of the new wheels and tires we can tell u exactly what you need.
    Last edited by Reelax; 07-19-2012 at 03:41 PM

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    I thought 9G offset is 35?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano View Post
    I thought 9G offset is 35?
    it might be, i was searching for it and got that spec from another forum... that offset i found was for the 4G 18's which are the same wheel in a different color. stock offsets are always burried in search results. i'll go look again.

edit:

nope, just double checked and it was right.

Wheel Specifications
    Size: 18" x 8"
    Style: 7 Spoke
    Lugs: 5
    Bolt Pattern: 114mm
    Offset: 46mm

http://www.allfactorywheels.com/prod...2--65810-.html
    Last edited by Reelax; 07-19-2012 at 05:40 PM

Here is a pic of what I am to get

Looks good!