The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hello 7g here!

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Hello 7g here!

Owned a 95 g for several years. Got bored with it after I bought a new vehicle so I decided to build the engine and tranny back in 2000 ish. Pulled the motor and was thinking simple rebuild. After long though I decided this was a bad idea. So I took the block and head to the machine shop and had a hefty port and polish followed by a cylinder bore. ORdered custom rods and pistons. NO idea what they were been 9-10 years ago. More or less a high performance 2.4 with built everything. NA though. Was pushing somewhere around 10:1. Dynod at the local speed shop around 170 whp. The automatic tranny I had custom build to with stand some serious beating. This was back in 2000ish. Two months after I build this beast which would rip the front tires something stupid im driving it along at 60 mph or so and hear a clunk clunk bang. Someone who was helping me.....put in a old balance shaft with a nic in it (even though i had a brand new laying there) which i told them to use the new one. So me being pumped about all this never noticed he put in the old one and it spun the shaft bearing. I was pissed and junked the entire motor. The tranny had an issue to so I junked them both. I know I know. This was 2000-2001. 3 days ago I picked up a used 2.4 and dropped it in. After fixing a few wiring shorts and pulling out my hair a few times she fired up this morning. 70k on the motor and a brand new automatic tranny from factory purchsased in 2001 (200 miles on it). Gasoline is from 2001 and ran like shat. Next mission will be draining the tank. SO. How about some ideas of where to get started. I found this site and was quite impressed with all the G's that have been done on here. I have the full shop manual from mitsubishi Volume 1 and 2 for the 94-95 g and the full manual for all engine rebuilds and specs from 93-98 i think. So if i can help anyone with info I would be more than willing. I would love some advice on some good places to start. I'm thinking I want to be around 300-375 whp. Would also love some info on JDM or similiar kits that look close to them. Cant find anything on JDM stuff for the 7g's. It looks great though. Thanks all AND HI!
    Last edited by Iturndawrenches; 07-19-2012 at 09:01 PM

well for starters, welcome to TGC

do some research on some things u would like done to the car
    performance (turbo, na builds, 5spd swaps) (for ur goals i would say DOHC swap, turbo kit and 5spd swap)
    and u can search ebay for some JDM parts, as well as PM a member "triggermauve" to get some shipped directly from japan, but search first so u can tell him exactly what u want

GL and feel free to ask questions, we are here to help

Ive been researching for months on some of this.

yea i left some out. was personally thinking about doing a total engine rebuild with the dohc setup ive read so much about followed by a turbo setup running 10-12 lbs boost. Not sure about the tranny swap yet. brand new auto tranny in there now. just not sure what they will hold. I would really like the jdm front i saw a all grey 7g in the forums here that looked great and would love to have something similiar to that. Ebay seemed to be a bit of a flop all i found was VIS, Cypher and some other body kits. would love the vr 4 sides and even possibly the rear. ive been researching some of this for months now. I guess i'm more interested in what should i shoot for first. New paint and new body pieces. Ill installl and paint myself. Car has been garaged forever so its in great condition with no rust besides a dime size spot in the trunk that likes 1/16 thick. few nics and scratches and front bumper a touch dinged. Guess Im more interested in what seems to be more the preference these days body style wise and what looks good. As far as the performance mods I found tutorials and post of walk throughs from previous members. So much to do and just curious where to start. I cant decide perf mods first or make it pretty first. Im entirely new to the JDM thing just came across it a few months ago. Just sold a 70 440 charger a few years ago. Had a family needed the money. I see this as a cheaper and pretty fun car to build. Ive built up a few eclipses for some buddies and helped a buddy do a few light mods to his evo so im pretty familiar with Mitsubishi well 4g64's and 63's. Was more just after input about what people thought. The three body kits I find seem a little funky for my taste but the VIS one isnt bad I suppose. I really like the look of some JDM but it seems to be expensive from what ive read with shipping and what not. So back to the orginal Performance or Style. Which one to attack first.

type E54A on ebay, and u will find all the 7g JDm

you sir are great. thank you. looking forward to getting to know everyone. Do quite a few people still talk and post on here ?

yeah, there's quite a few, tho its summertime, most are out tinkering and not posting lol

welcome
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

it depends on if there is anything relevant to say.

shoot me a pm. i can get you started on some stuff you want

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Welcome! Nice you wanted to get it back out and give it another try.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Welcome to TGC!! Got any pics of your car?

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Just cuz of Ds comment I stopped tuning my car just to post this! Welcome from a fellow 7g owner who has done all the swaps, rear disc, 5 speed and now turbo and a built DOHC motor coming soon. Let me tell you it is all worth it.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    Just cuz of Ds comment I stopped tuning my car just to post this! Welcome from a fellow 7g owner who has done all the swaps, rear disc, 5 speed and now turbo and a built DOHC motor coming soon. Let me tell you it is all worth it.
    lol ur a fool chris

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    lol ur a fool chris
    I try D. Now make me a sig out of my Facebook profile picture please!!!
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

TGC Regular
    Welcome
    Nothing is nicer then a early 90's mitsu

I'll get some pics up soon. Nothing much to look at really just about bone stock. So I forgot the gas was as old as it is. Like 7 years old. Started it up yesterday ran it for five or ten minutes ran like shat so I set the timing. Still ran like crap then I remembered the gas. Hopefully it's not globbed up. Can't get it to restart now grrrr. I'll start a post under 7g soon with pics and progress. I'll pm you soon as well about some of the mods. Nice to see people on. I'm from indiana only Mitsubishi I ever see is an occasional 8g galant and a few 2nd and 3 rd gen eclipses no mods at all ever.

Welcome to TGC|
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Welcome! Lets see some pics! :)