The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: auto 4g64 boosted with stock internals???? (HELP PLZ!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Icon13 auto 4g64 boosted with stock internals???? (HELP PLZ!)

so I was thinkin about doing the 4g63t swap but ran into a guy that boosted his brothers G that had stock internals and said it works great and that it has been boosted for over a year now and he runs it all the time and never has problems he said its boosting at 8lbs. So my question is would this work??? Is it dependable???? How is it with our stock auto tranny??? What are the pros and cons????
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    how many miles are on your motor/tranny? I could see it lasting for a year with a small turbo and good tune. I dont think you should expect huge power gains with stock internals and tranny. The tune and how you drive will make the difference in how long the motor lasts. Do some research on tunes. I would HIGHLY suggest to built it right the first time.

yes its fine if you have a good tune. it's been done many times before. its fine with the stock tranny, just get an external transmission cooler and try not to do any neutral drops. 8lbs on what turbo it makes a huge difference. psi is not the only thing to worry about 8lbs on a 14b is a lot different then 8lbs on a gt35r ect.

btw who is this boosted g that you know?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

I got 160xxx just rebuilt the head about 5k ago and this guy said his bros car would keep up wit stock srt4s and some EVOs his name is James from here in Arizona he owns Cobo's Customs
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    where at in phoenix are you? glad to see another AZ member. I don't know any good tuners here but check with SPD_FRK and isuaro (hope I spelled it right) they have some tuning knowledge and can probably help. I am sure you will get a few more comments tomorrow when the east coast people wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    where at in phoenix are you? glad to see another AZ member. I don't know any good tuners here but check with SPD_FRK and isuaro (hope I spelled it right) they have some tuning knowledge and can probably help. I am sure you will get a few more comments tomorrow when the east coast people wake up.
    I'm from west Phoenix like more Avondale than anything n yea tell me about it don't see to many built 8 Gs out here yea I been lookin around a lot out here for ppl wit the knowledge about it but we mainly have hondas out here but yea happy to find somebody that is a member in AZ but yea I wanted to do that swap but that dude James said it would be cheaper n more dependable if I just boost what I have he has videos up on his Facebook of his bros G but Idk I want my engine to last also yu know
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

the the turbo galant white? we met a member from az at MOD '11. you got links to the videos?

bottom line is yes it will work. the only extra stress with be while you a in positive pressure. so if you floor it all the time it will naturally wear your engine down faster but with a good tune you will be ok.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    the the turbo galant white? we met a member from az at MOD '11. you got links to the videos?

bottom line is yes it will work. the only extra stress with be while you a in positive pressure. so if you floor it all the time it will naturally wear your engine down faster but with a good tune you will be ok.
    No I dnt have any links its off his FB and its a gold one ok so it does work with a good tune and as long as I'm not running the crap out of my car sweet how much of a difference would it make???
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    most of the guys who just strap a turbo on thier i4 with little to no supporting mods, generally see close to 200whp

you can do it now without a problem some guys with high milage cars are still scooting around without problems... it all depends on the car really, your best bet is to build that 63 from the time you turbo your car until its done so you can just drop it in. any real power will come from the 63 or a hybrid version of it....

Quote Originally Posted by 01wow8g View Post
    I got 160xxx just rebuilt the head about 5k ago and this guy said his bros car would keep up wit stock srt4s and some EVOs his name is James from here in Arizona he owns Cobo's Customs
    Did some looking Cobo customs, is not a real shop. It is something James does from his backyard. James Cobo has a "built" 420a that he did. Derrick Knight his brother would be the guy with the gold galant. I think Derricks car is on a ebay push through setup. Not a good setup at all IMHO

No I dnt have any links its off his FB and its a gold one ok so it does work with a good tune and as long as I'm not running the crap out of my car sweet how much of a difference would it make???
    Cobo Customs

https://www.facebook.com/cobos.custom

His DSMtuners profile
    http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/memb...ms-137130.html

I am not going to list the others Facebook links as this is a public forum.

Derrick Knight is on the Galant Tuners page on FB.

Anyway, I am on stock internals at 15 psi on a evo8 16g street tuned by Devin at Boostin' Performance and I have no issues. Only thing I can point out is when it is stupid hot out the car is PIG rich. but other than that it runs pretty good. I beat a C5 by a nose a couple of weekends ago after work. IDK if it's the dudes driving or if the car is that fast but I beat him. I also pull my buddy's 230whp 300 ft lb Genesis coupe by a car from a 30-roll so thats a pretty good benchmark of how much power I am making.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Did some looking Cobo customs, is not a real shop. It is something James does from his backyard. James Cobo has a "built" 420a that he did. Derrick Knight his brother would be the guy with the gold galant. I think Derricks car is on a ebay push through setup. Not a good setup at all IMHO

Cobo Customs

https://www.facebook.com/cobos.custom

His DSMtuners profile
    http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/memb...ms-137130.html

I am not going to list the others Facebook links as this is a public forum.

Thx for the heads up so basically what yur sayin is that its all an eBay set up??? Yea derrick is his bro he has the gold galant
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Derrick Knight is on the Galant Tuners page on FB.

Anyway, I am on stock internals at 15 psi on a evo8 16g street tuned by Devin at Boostin' Performance and I have no issues. Only thing I can point out is when it is stupid hot out the car is PIG rich. but other than that it runs pretty good. I beat a C5 by a nose a couple of weekends ago after work. IDK if it's the dudes driving or if the car is that fast but I beat him. I also pull my buddy's 230whp 300 ft lb Genesis coupe by a car from a 30-roll so thats a pretty good benchmark of how much power I am making.
    And that's wat I'm lookin to get out of it I dnt plan on running it everyday but it is my daily so I want it to last me yu know I mean I have absolutely no problems with it just want a lil more power out of her so I'm just tryin to get as much info about the 4g64 and what it can handle and can't
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

Thx for the heads up so basically what yur sayin is that its all an eBay set up??? Yea derrick is his bro he has the gold galant
    Yes, but it is not setup well from what I have seen. Please do some research between here, club3g, and galant tuners. You will see there are really easy ways to turbo these cars without going ebay. A hint, evo stuff works along with most dsm stuff. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Yes, but it is not setup well from what I have seen. Please do some research between here, club3g, and galant tuners. You will see there are really easy ways to turbo these cars without going ebay. A hint, evo stuff works along with most dsm stuff. Good luck
    Ight thank yu very apriciated info
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

EVO and DSM stuff will work! If you go EVO you have to deal with the PITA spacers the DSM set-ups clear the starter but you will need a much more intricate downpipe and maybe get rid of AC. I kinda wish I ran an EVOIII 16G because I hate these damn spacers but I really wanted a twin-scroll so I decided to do the EVO 8 set-up.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Though I forgot to mention, I am 5-speed swapped. So far the trans is holding. I still don't have an LSD in it. I keep going through driver's side axles though. I gues the CV joints dont like the 4k RPM launches.

EVO and DSM stuff will work! If you go EVO you have to deal with the PITA spacers the DSM set-ups clear the starter but you will need a much more intricate downpipe and maybe get rid of AC. I kinda wish I ran an EVOIII 16G because I hate these damn spacers but I really wanted a twin-scroll so I decided to do the EVO 8 set-up.
    The Evo8 setup will match up with our 64??? And Ya I'm planning on doin the 5sp swap at the same time we boost it I'm just tired of all the research lol I had this car for over a year n started doin research on it about 8 months ago so I just want answers already so I can start it already yu know
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

I researched everything I needed for about a year and a half before I started collecting parts. It took me 3 weeks to get the car running while doing 12 hour days at work and school and waiting for parts. Do the research and it pays off TRUST ME.

I researched everything I needed for about a year and a half before I started collecting parts. It took me 3 weeks to get the car running while doing 12 hour days at work and school and waiting for parts. Do the research and it pays off TRUST ME.
    Will do thx man is there any helpful things yu might be able to let me know while doin my research???
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast