The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: any1 in soCal can help me out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    Oh i thought they take it from the front left and back right.. well atleast back east they did.. lol.

But yeah thats tha worst it could gget.. i really dont wana buy tha header and pre cats.. shit like $650 or somewhere up there

2kGblackONblack4g64

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Just FYI as well, if your car is a model year 2000 or newer, you will not have to do the exhaust test starting in January 2013. You will still have the computers scan your codes, as well as the visual inspection.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    the dmv doesn't inspect your car directly, ever
    Thats actually not true. I once had to have a car inspected by the DMV personnel for it being a "Salvaged Title" vehicle. They inspected the VIN #'s and asked me to pop the hood to match the VIN plates in the engine bay as well.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Thats actually not true. I once had to have a car inspected by the DMV personnel for it being a "Salvaged Title" vehicle. They inspected the VIN #'s and asked me to pop the hood to match the VIN plates in the engine bay as well.
    you are correct, they do inspect cars at the dmv. they also do a quick inspection before driving tests. i was referring to the smog process though, the dmv doesn't need direct access to the car as the smog process is entirely done through independent shops.
    Last edited by Reelax; 07-27-2012 at 12:36 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    you are correct, they do inspect cars at the dmv. they also do a quick inspection before driving tests. i was referring to the smog process though, the dmv doesn't need direct access to the car as the smog process is entirely done through independent shops.
    Right, I see what you mean now...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Turns out my intake manifold waz crackd.put JBWELD between the mani and TB.... driving it for about 40 miles now with NO problems and NO check engine light has came on yet... well see tonight when i drive to work and backk... went to the JY found an EXHAUST manifold/w/HEAT SHIELD thinkin i can cover my HEADERS I HAVE NOW with the HEAT SHIELD and just smog it and then head to dmv n hope they dont tripout when they CHECK THE vin# AN W.E. they wana look at under tha hood real quickk;

2kGblackONblack4g64

[IMG][/IMG]

no carb# or w.e. yall talkin about... i just customed it myself for temporarily.. still have the STOCK box i mite put backk IN instead of takin it to the DMV with that black coupler and shiny silver shit on there..lol i dont want to fail or get sent to a ref over some dumb shitt lolol

2kGblackONblack4g64

Dude, like I said before, if you have a header on, that eliminates the 1st catalytic converter, and possibly the 2nd if you have a long tube header. You will not pass SMOG with a missing catalytic converter PERIOD. Its more than just a visual inspection.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by 00LeibyRacing View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

no carb# or w.e. yall talkin about... i just customed it myself for temporarily.. still have the STOCK box i mite put backk IN instead of takin it to the DMV with that black coupler and shiny silver shit on there..lol i dont want to fail or get sent to a ref over some dumb shitt lolol
    Dude, take it from the guy that failed the SMOG test last year, you WILL fail with that set up.

First things first: A heat shield will not hide the headers from the SMOG technician. He WILL look underneath the car to see if all the cats are there, and will scope around as much as possible to make sure nothing else is modified.

SECOND: You WILL fail for that aftermarket intake filter that is not CARB certified.

THIRD: You WILL fail for that modified intake pipe. Last year I failed because I cut off one of the intake resonators and put some black plastic over it. It's hard to notice unless you are REALLY looking, and believe me, they noticed. Does it have anything to do with emissions? No, but it still failed me anyway.

i have a guy for smog..with my smog certificate in my hand say i PASSED...
    I mean who has failed at the dmv lot when they check the car?..
    Last edited by 00LeibyRacing; 08-07-2012 at 05:17 PM

2kGblackONblack4g64

ah okay that changes things then

Lol is a carb # on tha filter just a sticker or what??

2kGblackONblack4g64

yeap its a sticker that has a CARB certification number. SMOG stations are now required to cross reference numbers to ensure that it is the correct number and not for another part or car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12