The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Interior painting

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Interior painting

Ive seen alot of pictures of people converting there interior to black interior, this is something I definitely want to do in the future as my grey interior gets dirty way to easily. Are most people just paining the door panels and dash and everything? If so how durable is it.

Depends exactly what you're looking to change. If it's the cloth panel on the door, it's usually re-wrapped with cloth, vinyl, or leather.

I had the plastic on the door panel painted in my last 8G and it was a pain in the ass. Scratched easily and was hard to touch up.

The arm rests / radio / shift bezels and vents are easy to paint and can be durable if you prep them well. Usually a 800 grit sand to get the clear coat off and smooth it down if there are no cracks.

You can also vinyl wrap your plastic pieces.
    Here's my old door panels:

New 8G: vinyl wrapped the panel, carbon vinyl wrapped the arm rests, painted behind the door handle:
    before i painted the cup behind the handle

after:

Last edited by CHICAGO_ONE; 07-28-2012 at 11:54 AM

Interior painting

Very nice, I was just lucky enough to have a gtz at the jy so I got carbon fiber stuff and leather/vinyl on the door panels. I did wrap my original panels in red fabric and found the gtz after, but I shipped them to a member.
    Last edited by bgood12; 07-28-2012 at 04:52 PM

Im planning on doing this next, wrapping up the panels in black vinyl, doing the trim black and thinking bout a black carpet.

Well search arpound there is a write up on here maybe on 8g master tutorial list thread

I've heard of people using a vinyl wrap as well. It actually turned out great and looked very OEM, you've just got to form it around the piece correctly

Thats what Im looking for, a very stock look, Ill have to look into the whole vinyl wrapping some more. I saw in one thread someone had there entire door panel wrapped in leather, it looked really good. Thanks for all the input from everyone.

Very Nice, I will be doing this soon.

I'm going to be rewraping my dorr panels, visors and headliner in black vinyl very soon. Going for the two-tone black and grey look.

Black is nice but just buy a heat shield or park in shade, its the only reason I kept silver vinyl and went two tone with red.

Ya black is very hot here in Vegas, I actually want to do a 2 tone with black and red/brown leather like the BMW interiors.

Would the carpet have to be completely replaced?
    8th Gen Rox
    http://mynccruizer.tumblr.com/
    OBX Long Header 12" Visonik Subwoofers x2
    K&N Typhoon SRI 15" L7 Kicker Solo Baric
    3" Muffler