The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G V6 AWD conversion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Here's the link to the AWD V6 3G I was mentioning...

http://www.club3g.com/forum/3g-eclip...tic-build.html
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

If I had
    1.) Another car (of my own) to drive
    2.) A garage
    3.) The knowledge/ability/tools to weld, I'd soooooo do this.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I'm going to be honest, the only real point in doing this is if your pushing a ton of power and FWD isn't giving you enough traction, with a good set of wide DOT legal slicks, this limit I would imagine would be ~450 lb/ft of torque at the wheels (you will max out your stock ignition before then), beyond that, awd is logical, below that, unless your rallying your car, there really isn't a point, it would be awsome if somebody does this anyway, but sorry, I don't see much of a point

however, with all the talk of using different transmissions, while you didn't do the mental connection that you could use a 3000gt vr4 trans and transfer case (+1 for you, it won't work anyway, transmission is on the wrong side of the engine bay), one gal over at club 3g did do an identical approach and did a 1g swap, which said trans has the same issue with being on the wrong side of the engine bay, the key here is fabrication
    http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-rides/152994-spydergirl02s-topless-monster-nws-you-have-been-warned.html
    Last edited by foxbrand; 08-01-2012 at 08:33 PM

I would convert to awd just because galants came that way over seas. We all ready do exterior conversion why not step it up to drive train. It would be easier to swap in a 6g72tt with tranny custom mounts is all that would need to be fabricated that is extra to the swap. or even use your exiting v6 and turn it around 180 degrees.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

i am sending emails back and forth to the forum Dominicano posted. i will post later on with how much work and $$ is need to do this thing.
    2002 Galant LS 3.0L V6 5spd, CAI

I really like having a car that is different, it makes me feel better....except for my wallet. lol

will a JDM 6a13TT swap in even if its right hand side?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12