The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: has anyone tried these?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

has anyone tried these?

Ok so I am in need of new Struts bad, I am currently saving to get some. I know most everone on here are riding on kyb agx, or gr2's. I just got some s techs and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these that I found on eBay, or if I should just wait to get the kyb's? Keep in mind I don't have much to spend my budget is tight right now.
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=47931026367
    These are more in my budget but I don't want junk.

Keith has those on his winter Galant, he seems to like them.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

after looking at their site -go through it yourself, they are a reseller/badger.
    Most of there sites pages come up with blank info for me and their contact only has an email address

http://staggshocks.biz/

Any company that list their interchange parts for OEM setups with aftermarket setups is usually a rebadged aftermarket item.

IE: is just a KYB with a STAGG sticker on it.

Part Brand: STAGG
    Manufacturer Part Number: 885101 885102 774179
    Interchange Part Number: KYB 334267 334268 KONI TOKICO 341164
    Other Part Number: MONROE 72147 72148 71276

So its probably just better to spend the extra to get something that is known to be good? Another question, when I do get everything installed ( Struts and springs) in know ill have to get the camber fixed so for the back I can stack washers with a longer bolt to correct camber what about the front does anything needed to correct camber there?

you only need to adjust camber if you go full dampers and drop the car past 1.75" IIRC.
    If your gonna do a camber adjustment just get a rear camber allignment kit and do it right. they are cost effective and adjustable.
    Last edited by jubeiaire; 07-30-2012 at 10:11 PM

I will be installing tein s-techs 1.7" drop in front, 1.5" drop in rear according to website.

ingalls adjutable rear camber kit 49.76 ea wheel from ingalls direct

Ok, I was mainly wondering if I needed something for the front also. Thanks

if your getting dampers(full coilovers) they should have a camber plate on the top of them so no need for one in the front.

I'm not getting full coilovers, I am lowering with Struts/ springs. I know about the camber plates on top of the front coilovers I was not asking about coilovers at all, but thank you for you advice. I was interested in strut / spring combos b/c that's what I will be using for now once I buy the stuts. Got my springs today! :) maybe in the future I will get coils but right now I am just riding on lowering springs.

in the front they make a bolt that allows you to adjust camber but IIRC you need a 2"+ drop in the front before its needed. however as cheap as they are you could still throw them in and let the alignment shop go from there.

I'll just wait till I get them installed and see what they look like after they settle.

how much is an electronic alighnment in your area. in my area it averages around $60. you can get a set of front bolts for $50 and below, would make more sense to do it all at one time rather than wait and have to pay for a Second alignment/install.

Right, that's the plan. But as far as the front bolts what do I need and were do I install them? I know the back side is either the shackles or spacers on the upper control ARM that bolts to the body. But I am not sure of the fronts.

thats the set. you can order them individualy or as a set. it says 1 box per wheel but its a typo. you only use 1 bolt per wheel. they go into the bottom bolt hole connecting the strut to the knuckle.

http://www.ingallseng.com/81280-16mm...olts_pair.html

Ok ill look into it, thanks