The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 Galant engine swap

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

94 Galant engine swap

Hey guys . new kid here
    i live in IRAN and i have a 94 galant with a SOHC 16 valve 4G63 . and the weird part is that it is not FI , but instead it has a dual barrel carburetor .
    So , since i bought it , i have done a lot of modifications , mostly interior , but nothing in the engine bay . AND THE ENGINE REALLY SUCKS !
    Now i want to do something about that sorry-ass engine . here , most of 7th G owners mount a 4G63T from EVO3 . some ( rarely ) install a 6A12TT . But i am aiming much higher that that .
    I wana see a 6G72TT in that engine bay . +450 HP and a lot ( i mean a LOT ) of torque . might even tune it a little bit if my budget allows it .
    now i wana ask you guys , if any of you have ever mounted or have seen some one mount a 6G72TT on a 7th G galant . Of course it will need some modifications for the suspension , but other than that :
    Is it a fit ? or i will have to do a lot of wielding and cutting for engine mounts ?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Stupid idea. Go with a turbo 63 or find a 4g64 and make it dohc and turbo and you can make more power and torque on a good setup than in a 6g72 and more reliable less wiring etc. many people say they want all this power then give up when they realize how much work and cost there is.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

So , your advice is to ditch the 6G72TT and go with a 4G63T from an EVO . This brought up another question for me , can i use a newer version of the 63T with MiVEC for example , or i must go with a 3rd generation EVO engine ? you know , the one with the timing belt on the driver's side , cause the newer versions have the timing belt on the passenger side . and what kind of transmission do you suggest for a 7thG galant with a 4G63T engine ?

You have to use a 4g63 with the same orientation of your motor. Think about this as well, you have a 63 in there now some the mounts will be the same and it will be easier. 4g63s are proven to make power, if you want more torque find a 4g64 and make it dohc as its a 2.4
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Welcome to TGC Hooman, post some pics of the car and that engine.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Sure. I will post a pic of my car's engine asap.
    i can do the fabrication needed for any swap myself. so the fabrication is not a problem for me. thx for the advice. but still, i sounds like a good challenge putting a 6G72TT in that engine bay , even if it takes 6 months.
    Thanks for the advice pal. i will look around in ebay and other sites to see what type of engine and with what PRICE they have. i hvgot 7 grand tops.

Just remember you aren't the firs to want to want to attempt this swap as I can recall many people mentioning wanting to try it but when you look around the boards you will notice not 1 person has done it and many more enthusiastic than you. The thing is not that it can't be done its the fact that so much has to change and you will find that the hard part isn't making the engine fit it's how do you make it work. All the wiring new ECU etc, when your done the time and money you put in you will have a stock 300 hp motor when for the cost of what you are gonna do you could have built a 4g63 or 4g64 gotten a good size turbo and all the tuning and been around high 300s. Going for 450 and a lot of torque is how you snap motor mount axles and hurt trannies. With my dohc built motor I'm shooting for a little over 4 to the wheels but in doing that I have built my motor to try and kill the low end torque so I have less chance of breaking something. You never mention wha tranny you have but if it's automatic you need to get rid of it and find a manual tranny as the auto will not hold as well.
    Last edited by Galanttuner10; 08-03-2012 at 07:28 AM
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Get this book. ISBN 978-1-932494-62-4

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    Get this book. ISBN 978-1-932494-62-4
    I can't believe you listed the number for the book instead of giving a link to it. I have that book. It's pretty cool.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Yea I'm old like that 26 lol, but I find everythinh by part number and had that in a text message since I'm on my phone didn't wanna give wrong title.

thx for the advice buddy . hell no , i am never gonna ride a car with an auto transmission . it wipes out all the joy of driving . manual is something else.
    i am gonna use a 5.speed eclipse manual transmission .
    here is a pic of the original engine with carburetor .

and the good thing is my car dose not have an ECU ( carb ) .
    Last edited by Hooman_TEH; 08-04-2012 at 03:48 AM

Hey , i am back.
    after researching this a bit more , i found out that the 6G72TT in a 7G galant is possible , but man it's hard to stick it in there . the front axle has to be shortened . the drive shaft has to be shortened as well . let alone i have to build a custom Adapterplate for the gear box to be bolted on . i will have to customize the AWD and .....
    So , the whole 6G72TT idea is bye bye . i will wait for the next project and install a 6G72TT on an AWD 8G galant.
    For now and the 7G project , i have a couple of questions. which engine can be bolted directly on a 7G engine mounts ? 4G63 alone , or 4G64 is a direct mount too ? which engine would be a better choice ?
    Thank you for helping me out guys

I just seen this thread. your best bet is to try and put in a 6a12TT. and use a 6a12 N/A FTO transmission

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.