The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 17x9 +24 rubbing brake line at full lock.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

17x9 +24 rubbing brake line at full lock.

Anyone have this issue? My camber is set at -2.8 LF and -2.7 RF toe is a little toe'd out. maybe -.1 on both sides.

I have RRE braided lines and they're rubbing the wheel at full lock to both sides. Not sure if I can run the brake lines up or if I should decrease the negative camber. Anyone run into this issue before?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Maybe decrease the camber a little if possible, would longer brake lines be helpful. Do you have a pic at full lock

I had this problem. Easy solution would be to bend the bracket a little bit so the lines wont hit. You can also slide the brake line up or down in the bracket but eventually it will just move back to its natural spot in the middle.

What the real problem was that at full lock, the SS brake line bounded and became stiff and thats why it was hitting the wheel. I disconnected the brakeline at one end, and made sure it was as straight as it could be (Untwist them). After I reconnected the lines, when turning the wheel, the line was a much more gentle S shape and didnt hit the wheel anymore.

Yea, I've ran into it time to time with all the wheels I've installed over the years. We ended up doing exactly what Aaron mentions above.

i hate how they have them connected to the bracket so they slide around.
    mine kept pulling real tight and then binding in the bracket.
    like reaaal tight, it actualy cracked some plastic off of the end.

i just took the brackets off and just have them loose. i dont think they run anything at all.

I bent the bracket back and they dont seem to hit anymore. if the problem returns I will most likely leave them loose from the bracket as well.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.