The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dash removal

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Dash removal

hey guys got windows tinted just got back from car show (will post pix).
    My question is Im sure there is a guide on here im working and dony have time to root through forums. Can someone post link or tell how thanks in advance. I have 07 Rockford if that helps.

More specifically just to install aftermarket deck. So just the radio part of the dash.

All u need is maybe like a butter knife and a philips head screw driver, but the black or woodgrain part of the dash right around stock radio and ac controls that piece there come off. Slip a butterknife in the seam bwtewwn that part and the rest of the dash and pry one part open then use your hands for rest, once that out you can see the screws to reach the radio. You can also put our hands on the part of the middle console below the radio and above the ac control and pull with two hands one on each side til it pops out.

If I do put aftermarket deck in does it disable the Rockford stock amp and run everything off the new deck?

You will need one of those mitsu head unit bypass with stock amp unless u bypass the amp and run your own amp.

My hope was to have the mitsu amp continue powering all car speakers, and then I would have my own kicker amp would power 2 12s. That possible?

very possible I have all infinity inside with the stock infinity amp powering them ( that stock amp will only work with 2 ohm speakers I.e Harmon kardon, infinty, and one more I forget. Then I have second amp in trunk for sub

With mine I just had to pop off the plastic from the bottom underneath the A/C controls. then from there their were 4 screws I just had to unscrew and then I took the old deck out and left the old half din in. I then got a adapter for the car and soldered them together with the old wires.

As for you amp still working. Yes it should. If it is wired correctly (wish it should be) the speakers are not wired to the head unit and they are only wired to the amp. Only RCA cables are attached to the head unit.
    Is it ricey?

Last edited by fullmetal289; 11-22-2016 at 12:22 PM

Dash removal

Yea yea yea I know you did it. :P

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?v5sbsz
    Is it ricey?