The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Should I get my trans flushed at dealer?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Icon10 Should I get my trans flushed at dealer?

I've got a 07 galant es about 50k and checked trans fluid it's dirty but no burnt smell. I want to drain it completely and put new fluid. Should I got to dealer where they use the machine $170 or I can do this at home? I did on gtz disconnect the trans cooler line and put it in neutral. But how you do it on the 2.4L engines?

Thanks for your time.
    2007 Galant GTS? 2.4L

I just drain and fill mine. But I do mine every 10k cuz I save half a quart of trans fluid from.all the service I do at work. My fluid stay looking red.
    If it hasn't been service I recommend using a machine to flush. We use bg trans flush machine. Best machine our shop has ever use. Takes about 12qt to flush.

thanks gotti, I"ll go to the dealer and get it flushed, it's never been changed and lots of high way miles.
    2007 Galant GTS? 2.4L

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    When the system gets flushed the put a cleaner in and run it through the system and then put in all new fluid. The flush is good as it gets all new fluid in the system and not just in the pan.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

considering the price of the fluids itself, its not even worth it to get your hands dirty.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I'd go to a trusted shop if you have one. I went to the dealer for mine and they left it a quart low. It's fun getting on the highway and having your car rev out in fith and jump into third with enough force to give you whiplash.