The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 3rd Tri State Meet

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar

3rd Tri State Meet

hey all getting a feel for what we should do next....the last meet even due to the rain we had a great turnout, etc... even though mod is coming up we can get at least one more meet out of this summer... maybee a few small ones as well....

this thread is again a testing interest thread i will create the official meet thread in another week or so and post it on the other forums etc...

lets get some ideas going for the next meet, lets keep it a little simple no bbqs or people needing to bring a lot of stuff etc...

i am thinking something like a dave and busters, paintball, driving range etc...

lets see what you guys come up with and i will add a few ideas of my own later on....

also please list if you plan on coming as well, (this is just for an idea of how large the meet will be and how much room we will need.) official attendance list will be in the real thread

obviously where you choose should have a large parking lot, be able to accommodate a lot of people and if there is not food or anything within the actual place, try to keep it around places we can go after to grab a bite or whatever....

why not do a Floyd Bennett meet and do that big ass sandwich like we did that year

Dave and Busters meet was fun too

or pullout some of the old meeting places, Edgewater, Driving Ranges, see what NYCDSM is doing and join up

Car shows arent what they used to be, but there was always 1 or 2 meets at them....maybe an Atlantic City meet?

D I said the same thing to Craig about a big sandwich and Floyd Bennett. Driving range was good times too.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

I'm down with the Dave and Busters idea.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

yea i was considering a sandwhich etc, but then i would need to get all the money upfront etc...imo its a PITA lol unless someone else wants to be in charge of that,

flloyd bennet has a large driving range across the street with a large parking lot as well. there are more then enough Lanes to accomidate all of us, but, there is no food. i know a lot of places we can go after but none in the direct area or within walking distance...they also have a mini golf setup as well there...

the majority of people these days are either from the city, long island, jersey, or south so if we did dave and busters im thinking the one in farmingdale it is the biggest and not too far from the city. its right off rout 110 which is iirc exit 29 of the southern state.

we could also go go karting or something. i know there are a few in jersey which also arent far from the city it does get a little pricey to go though

I go by that Dave and Busters all the time, it's a half mile away from the shop I work at in North Lindenhurst.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

If you wanna go go-tarting in jersey, they famous place is pole position in jersey city. I know several forums that have held events there. They have food, games and a place for the small kids. We could rent the whole place for a certain amount of time.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

yea it does get pricey though is all...i know a lot of the members here dont like to part with too much of their money lol, if the consensus is there though im all for it lol

I knew it would get pricey, but idk how pricey. That's why I didn't mention it yet till I got a ball park of prices.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

yeah go-karting FTW, spend some money guys (says the man with no money and not even going to the meet)

ok boys,
    dave n busters

flloyd bennet/ driving range

go karts, somewhere in jersey.....

or come up with something else...you guys let me know what you waould like to do or would prefer.... im only leaving this thread a few more days due to lack of time....

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    We haven't done a Dave and busters meet since D had his black 8g so that would be cool, also the driving range is fun and I wouldn't mind breaking out the clubs.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    damn I remember that six foot long there were two right?

yep there were 2 4 foots iirc

I think we should do something in NJ/PA since a few members do come out from there. We could bring the meet to them.

Driving range and shooting range were fun meets

I don't plan on making this one guys. Going to be ripping into the orange car getting that junkyard engine out of it lol.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

So what is the date on this. My g is going to be offline in about 3 weeks

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

been a little preoccupied, ill figure out a date/ time/ place over the weekend.