The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 01 Instrument Cluster in a 02 Galant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    I'm not to sure about that it might ring true I know when I did my i4 to v6 swap both clusters came from 99's and they were exactly the same with the exception of the rpm gauge. But then again they were both ES trims whitch didn't come with traction control. If you look at the gauges themselves they both have the traction control windows. I'm a bit stumped in this one.... Anyone have a traction controlled G willing to pull their cluster to test the theory?

Edit why wouldn't drybear just swap it from another cluster vs having it made it Dosent make sence to me?
    in his post he said that the lights were in the wrong order... but there were other things done to is car that might have explained that, he had ecu swaps/mods as well... maybe the pin out was different?

Humm now I curious!

I took a pic of my gauge in my GTZ, which has traction control and although I couldn't get a decent pic, my lights are set up just like Dion's:

Hope this helps!

Edit: Better pic:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!
    Last edited by wetamup2k3g; 08-10-2012 at 04:28 AM

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Thanks Greg... So I think it's safe to assume their all the same orientation.

Ive heard that changing the faces messes up the accuracy or something How tru is that?
    8th Gen Rox
    http://mynccruizer.tumblr.com/
    OBX Long Header 12" Visonik Subwoofers x2
    K&N Typhoon SRI 15" L7 Kicker Solo Baric
    3" Muffler

Only if u remove the needles then put them back on in a different position. Even if you do, you can put them back on correctly later.

You shouldn't have to remove the needles all the gauges I have ever installed always slips over the needles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12