The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: More hp Gains...fed or cali???

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

More hp Gains...fed or cali???

Ok which car gets more gains from a new intake, headers, and catback system...the fed or cali spec???

The cali specs do because to put on the headers you have to remove the precat(s) which automatically give you more HP.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

so after all these r put on both the cali and fed...they should be about the same hp correct??

toc8g
    Yeah the Cali spec gets the most gains but only because instead of starting at zero like the fed spec the cali starts at like a -5. Both cars the Fed spec and Cali spec will end up with more or less the same hp with the same mods: header, intake and exhaust.

Senior TGC Member
    I still don't understand why Mitsubishi advertises the new Cali spec as 195 hp though...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Black2k1GTZ
    It might be 195 at the flywheel.......but no way at the wheels...No one rates their car at WHP...I mean shit you would get base model civics with like 55hp if they did...Who would buy that car then????

Marc :mg:

Senior TGC Member
    Aye I know...but what I meant was why is Mitsubishi advertising the new Cali spec power as the same as the Fed specs out there? I know in the past they rated the Calis as 190, but now it seems they're all 195. Don't know if they did this to the Eclipses as well.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Aye I know...but what I meant was why is Mitsubishi advertising the new Cali spec power as the same as the Fed specs out there? I know in the past they rated the Calis as 190, but now it seems they're all 195. Don't know if they did this to the Eclipses as well.</div>

They were bumped up in HP slightly. I remember the 99s used to spec at 140hp and 190hp respectively. Now its 145hp and 195hp respectively.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>It might be 195 at the flywheel.......but no way at the wheels...No one rates their car at WHP...I mean shit you would get base model civics with like 55hp if they did...Who would buy that car then????

Marc :mg:</div>

its 195 at the flywheel. look around 145 or so at the wheels for the v6

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Senior TGC Member
    Most of us have dynoed at around 150ish...I believe 00GTZ00 is 151 whp 157 wtq, Burthold's is something similar, and mine (though modded) is 150 whp and 170 wtq. Obviously the torque gives me a huge launching advantage.