The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alternator/battery help please.

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Alternator/battery help please.

So here's the deal. I go out to start my car last night and the battery is dead. I jump it and everything runs fine. All the lights are nice and bright, everything works including the a/c, sub and amp, just like normal. I go out to start my car this morning and the battery is dead again. So I jump it but this time after like 2-3 sconds of disconnecting the jumper cables the car dies and the battery is totally dead. Happens every time. So I'm assuming this is an alternator issue? Any additional thoughts?

get them tested.

^^What Reelax said, but more than likely your battery is toast. Happened to me earlier this summer, after a jump, the battery just couldn't hold a charge anymore and as soon as the jumper came off the battery the car started doing odd things. Changed the battery and all has been well. Only one way to tell, and that's to get them both tested.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

yup battery. but you should get your alternator tested as well because your car should run after its started even without a battery.

I figured it out. It was the battery, what threw me is that the alternator won't charge the system when the gauge cluster isn't connected. I had taken the gauge cluster out before I jumped my car this morning because I'm having an issue with the turn signal indicators. So when I disconnected the jumper cables the car just died. After I plugged the gauge cluster back in the car ran fine after it was jumped but the battery won't hold a charge. Good thing the battery is still under warranty.