The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 galant normal temp

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

2003 galant normal temp

my car is running at 213-220 degrease all the time and i don't know if that's normal but everything has been changed

Probably still have air in the system. Theres some notes on the forum on "how to bleed radiator" :hint:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

230 is pretty high. I only see 230 when sitting in traffic on a 100 degree day with my ac on.

ok so its close to normal since im in florida and its as fuuuh here all the time so with ac on 220 is about right at most but ill try bleeding the radiator

since youre in Florida, you could try running less coolant and more distilled water. Try a 70/30 water/coolant mix since it never freezes.

Im in the Palm Springs area in SoCal and were seeing 115 degrees days here. My needle sits below half all the time on 50/50. Ive never used anything else on my 3 mitsu's and thats how its always been in this hot ass desert.

Last edited by oakrdrs187; 08-11-2012 at 01:28 AM

I've used my scantool on my car while I was driving to check some things, and while sitting with the A/C, the hottest I saw on the tool was 206. Funny enough though, while driving at 80 mph, I was at 195, and right after I got off the throttle and let it coast, the temps dropped down to 185 in like a couple seconds. So unless I'm running too cold, 230 is really high.
    (This isn't in reference to Aaron's (qnz) temps, he's turbo so I don't know how that affects coolant temps.)

Edit: Victor, the gauge never moved during my coolant temp swings, I think it stays put once it hits normal operating temps and only moves up if it goes above a certain temp. I don't think we can use just the gauge as a gauge for the accurate temp.
    Last edited by wetamup2k3g; 08-11-2012 at 08:16 AM

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by suad618 View Post
    my car is running at 213-220 degrease all the time and i don't know if that's normal but everything has been changed
    your in the normal bro, i live in fla, and my car is right around 200-210, check your fluids once a day to make sure your topped off,

Thats a good point Greg. I will have to borrow my friends scan tool with live data and report back.