The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gas cap /Door , failure on mitsubishis part?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Gas cap /Door , failure on mitsubishis part?

I was just wondering why the gas door has no lock and you simply just push on the right and it pops out, Im just worried someone might try to siphon my gas or something

Plenty of cars have the same style gas cap to no ill effect. If it bothers you, go buy a locking gas cap, although a desperate enough thief will just puncture a hole into your gas tank if he really want your gas. I wouldn't worry about it.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

lol plus they have to break through the multiple screens you have in your fuel fill line. So even if this is true it's hard to get gas that way anyway.
    Now, most people who STEAL gas, its from trucks and they just remove the fuel neck from the tank lol.

So FAILURE on mitsubishi's behalf? Haha No! At least it's not like other cars with the finger tab hanging out. If this is fail, then there is soooo much fail out there my other companies.
    Last edited by keith6110; 08-12-2012 at 10:22 AM

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the 8th gen Galants have anti siphoning valves, not sure about 7th gen though, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Honestly I would be worried about someone putting something in my gas more so than taking it out. But I understand your concern

Where do you live that you are afraid someone's going to steal your gas? Like others said, get a locking gas cap.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

i live in a ok neighborhood i guess but when gas prices go up people go crazy . Maybe its just me but im just paranoid i guess im too use to seeing cars with the opening lever next to the drivers seat