Thread: A/C Compressor issues?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 61
    Just get it done before it's too late.

Sent from god

Quote Originally Posted by Hevymetalg View Post
    Just get it done before it's too late.

Sent from god

lol, actually its going into the shop monday or tuesday, i have 3/4 the amount and there gonna fix it and bill the rest...

now if i only had time to change the cap n rotor i could test out the a/c lol

Update:

so i replaced the cap n rotor, and the rotor was missing a chunk, anyway i tested the a/c and it gets cold, works for about 3-5 minutes, not very cold just cold enough, but i had it running after about 3-5 minutes, the compressor began to engage and disengage and made the car run rough but the system would rengage, but the car is still learning idle etc after pulling the battery for an hour so ill have an update tomorrow, anyway no cel popped so thats an improvement.

is it possible we may have evaced to much and the pressure sensor is kicking on and off after the system pressurizes and starts circulating?

so i replaced the cap and rotor and just got the car back from the timing belt replacement and they did say it was off time, the cel does not come on when the ac is on anymore, and im getting a free a/c service next week when i get it inspected, if it still occurs after the service i will inform everyone accordingly, i am also keeping an eye on this thread if anyone has anything to chime in...

so after all the work was done, i ended up getting the a/c serviced "charged" lol and seems to be good now.

thanks to all who helped on this issue...

Ready for 100,000 more miles;)

Sent from god

Haa, as soon as it hits 300,000 miles ill throw a party lol...

But seriously its runs and drives like it has 100,000 miles
    Last edited by phatboyslim12; 09-01-2012 at 07:21 PM

Quote Originally Posted by phatboyslim12 View Post
    Haa, as soon as it hits 300,000 miles ill throw a party lol...

But seriously its runs and drives like it has 100,000 miles
    I have 157,000 on my 02 4cyl galant and it drives the same as when it had 30,000 miles on it

Sent from god

almost at 217K

Update:

So its been a month or so and I still have this issue after timing belt " which was off a tooth", cap n rotor, and a/c service.

The only code I get is p0431, at random times and the car just passed emmisions yesterday.

The same issue I get with the a/c I now get at complete random times with the a/c off.
    I let it idle rough and it will fix itself from running at low rpms roughly, jump to 1.6 Rpm then drop to normal idle running great.

My first thought is iac intermittently failing

What you think??

Oh I also had an issue where after removing the battery the car wouldn't stay running without help until it re learned the idle

I'm sure I said it a while ago its the iac wires clook closley don't take it for granted, look at wired at the connector for the iac I bet some may have snapped due to heat and age.

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    I'm sure I said it a while ago its the iac wires clook closley don't take it for granted, look at wired at the connector for the iac I bet some may have snapped due to heat and age.
    i bet you mentioned the iac as well, and i will check the wiring to the iac today before i run to the salvage yard and pick one up, it would be nice to have a fully working defrost for winter w/o the car running like crap lol, ill be happy if this issue does go away after fix/replacement i will keep everyone updated thanks bgood for the advice, i was just going to replace the iac but ill check wires first...

hey if the wires were bad wouldnt i recieve that idle control mil code? cause there are no codes popping up at all right now.

Really I would think it would show a code but I had this problem for a year before it threw out a code. I think its cause like one or two wires of the six were bad but it still was connected to others, very strange.

yea its really strange how it will just stop running rough and start running great again...
    anyway do you know the location of the iac in the v6? im having trouble finding it in the service manual, and i havnt gotten outside yet to look under the hood lol, but within the next hour ill know if its the wiring

Its on the throttle body,

ha lol, good place for it eh...

ok i checked the wires, they looked good...

i started the car and wiggled the wires and no change in idle its running good right now...

so i believe its the iac unit and i will go and pick one up soon

so went to the junk yard and they were closed today, so i have to wait till monday...

thanks and ill update on monday!!!

ok, so update:

i went to a few junk yards the only place that would sell me the iac without the throttlebody had rotted out screws and could not remove it...
    i am not looking to replace the throttlebody so i dont know what im going to do at this point but i am starting to get pretty aggrivated as my car is not running as it should anymore...
    days like today remind me why i love my galant!!!

So it ran fine when u wiggled it, so u think is it the wiring? Also the screws on my iac stripped as well but I didn't need to chnage it. Do they have junk yard that will let you go in there and pull parts. If so I would find and eclipse or a galant nd cut the wires for the connector then buy something else cheap and just take it. I usually get it off a car that has the engine pulled but harness still there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast