The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo goes off cliff during Pikes Peak Climb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    I wonder how the 8gen galants will do on a pikes peak climb? Im thinking of taking my gtz up there.
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

First of all, no. Secondly, you need some power behind the wheels. Third of all, if you have that power, you will be slipping the front tires loose after every corner trying to pic up speed again lol!

It's all over fail without major mods.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Actually, with rally racing you usually have to start out naturally aspirated and often fWD. You can rally the heck out of a FWD car. I used to drift my 1.6L '94 Corolla around dirt corners all the time going up hills and had a blast. The capabilites are much lower so the speeds are slower but as the saying goes: it is more fun driving a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

If you want to go rally your 8th gen, go for it but you won't be starting at Pikes Peak. You'd never get in until you had a few other races down. To start rallying the only thing you'd really need is a helmet and a roll cage. You'd really want a limited slip differential too but it isn't necessary. Your Galant isn't the best choice to start with though. I'd suggest just finding a cheap Honda or Toyota that weighs nothing then gut it and cage it. The nice thing with doing it to something like a Civic is you can swap tons of engines in and it starts out weighing next to nothing. My Corolla weighed 2200 lbs stock. Even totally gutted our cars would have a hard time getting there. Less weight = cheaper to play with and more fun too.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12